Laptops forum

General discussion

HP LCD faulty screens

Last year I bought my first laptop. It is a HP Pavilion zd8110us. I was so happy with it until about 2 months after the warranty expired, a line in the screen appeared. 6 months after i got about 50+ lines ( i look like Im behind bars). Surprisingly, I went to HP forum and found a substantial amount of people with the same problem and all of them, started the painful experience about 1-2 months after the expiration of the waranty. Is this a coincidence? HP hasnt answered our prayers but definetely there is something wrong with this laptop. We need action. What can we do? Changing the screen is about $600+ and for what, so in 12 months I have to do it all over again? I need suggestions!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP LCD faulty screens
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP LCD faulty screens
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This story will repeat as more people buy laptops.

In reply to: HP LCD faulty screens

What could be a simple item to replace in a desktop is now the price of the entire machine when we move to laptops.

-> Keep those warranties in place until you are willing to take the risk.

Bob

Collapse -
Sad story

In reply to: This story will repeat as more people buy laptops.

Thanks for the response. Im just very sad that i declined the extended warranty when i bought it. Thats bugging me even when Im dreaming. Im just seeing this more often in 17" laptops. At work just appeared the first line in a Compaq nx9600 series, which is basically the same issue as the HP zd8000 series. Im just hoping they provide a fix or recall.

Collapse -
ZD8K video issues

In reply to: Sad story

Sorry to say but if the lines are Symmetrical or evenly spaced the BGA ram is the problem.. HP Should have dumped this RAM after the ZD7000 series disaster. Hynix as well as Samsung are both suddenly EOL for the components.(End of life). (Coincidental? I'd say Not).. We can repair the unit if HP refuses to help. Just google HP ZD7000 Video problems and you will see how broad the issue really is.
www.ikenfixit.com

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.