How often is the canned air used? (Your answers will lead us to what's next.)
Also, go get a Speccy report and look at the Smart Values on your HDD. Is 01 and other items near zero or off the charts?
have had my HP ENVY NOTEBOOK - m6 - since mid 2016 so about 2 years and, other than it running much slower in the last year have had no major problems with it until now. I use it mainly for college: writing papers on Microsoft Word, and accessing my college’s website. but since im taking a summer course that’s Online, my laptop is going to be my primary device to access all websites and to write papers/take quizzes for the class. My laptop is the only way I can my work.
1 or 2 months ago it began running extra slow and a game I play(the only game I have downloaded on my laptop) began lagging and it would freeze and I’d have to just hold down the power button and shut it off.
• Things I’ve tried to fix the problem:
- clearing cache of both the game I play and my computer
- deleted all pictures,videos,documents and anything else I didn’t need on my laptop to free up space
- deleted all data from the 1 game I play which cleared up a ton of space but didn’t help
- updated the laptop and updated any/all programs that I use
- reset it many times
- it’s fully charged
- turn off and on(we’ll im basically forced to when it freezes)
- CTRL + ALT + delete when it freezes but it doesn’t do anything
Now EVERY time I turn on my laptop, I have about 10-15 minutes to do what I need to do before it’ll just suddenly freeze and I’m forced to hold down power button and shut it down.
nothing works. This is a big problem as my summer class has just begun and 10-15 minutes only gives me time to log into my school website and , if I’m fast enough, view my assignments for that day.
But usually after that it’ll freeze up and I have to shut it down.
Is it time to get a new laptop or can I fix it? my warranty is expired.
• Specific details about my laptop/notebook:
-HP ENVY NOTEBOOK - m6 - p114dx (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)
- runs on Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
- 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
- Touch support with 10 touch points