HP forum

Tip

HP laptop takes a while to boot to windows 7.

by reigenereugenio / April 8, 2014 12:12 AM PDT

How do I create a batch file that will generate a new admin account where I can use to boot the laptop from usb, and bypass current admin account on it that perhaps may be corrupt and so why it is booting up windows 7 too slow.

Other suggestions is highly appreciated.

Laptop Model:
HP Envy dv4 Notebook PC

thanks,
reigenee

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP laptop takes a while to boot to windows 7.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP laptop takes a while to boot to windows 7.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You could try NTPASSWD
by wpgwpg / April 8, 2014 12:14 AM PDT

NTPASSWD will create a bootable disc you can use to reset that password.

Collapse -
Look elsewhere
by Willy / May 9, 2014 11:30 PM PDT

Don't fiddle with the password side or anything during that portition as I figure you're guessing that's the cause.

Check the "start-up" side and verify just what gets loaded during this period and review what really needs to be there. If you've installed alot of s/w that's a good reason to clean things up. Further, you should also check the AV installed, like Norton or similar as these load as portions of this and that and they also take system resources and start to slow things down and/or become hogish. Use the system restore method to create "restore points" in order to have some return should anything get removed/deleted wrongly.

If you password is corrupt you would get very far, IMHO. You aslo should be seeing some eroor display or post suggesting a fix, etc.. If you haven't now, then generate recovery/restore discs, google for your HP model how its done. Also, Win7 provides that as well, do both, IMHO and label them. That way you're covered. Also, generate a "repair disc" again from Win7 side and allow that to do a repair. This is also found on Win7 install disc(if applicable) from menu display, repair console. good luck

tada -----Willy Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?