Question

HP EliteBook 8440p Battery Dead

Hi,

My Laptop battery suddenly dead while working but my battery timing was 2.30 Hours,can anyone help me regarding this issue?

Spam link removed by moderator.

Post was last edited on February 22, 2017 2:10 AM PST

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: HP EliteBook 8440p Battery Dead
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HP EliteBook 8440p Battery Dead
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Looks like a very old laptop.

Way over 4 years. When they get that old, we try a battery, charger and then advise replacement.

- Collapse -
Answer
Re: battery

If a new battery doesn't help, replacing the motherboard might be a (rather expensive) solution.

- Collapse -
Answer
Is it the battery?

Is the battery bad? Unplug the power brick. Remove the battery. Sometimes a bad battery will hold down the power. Plug in the power brick. If it powers on then the battery is bad and needs to be replaced. Batteries Plus is a good start.

CNET Forums

Forum Info