Laptops forum

General discussion

HP dv9000t. Some questions before I purchase?

by KnappyRootz / March 1, 2007 2:53 PM PST

So I'm about 90% sure I'll be purchasing the HP dv9000t notebook later today or tomorrow. Before I do this I have a few questions on my configuration (whether I should keep it as is or add/subtract components) and on the warranty (which you would recommend I purchase). Below is the configuration I have been looking at. If you could make any suggestions on components I should either add/subtract I would greatly appreciate it.

Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Due (am stuck on whether I should get the 1.60GHz or the 1.83GHz, and if there will be any benefit in paying the extra $50 for the 1.8GHz)
17" WXGA+ BrightView Widescreen (1440x900)
256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
HP Imprint Finish + Microphone
2GB DDR2 System Memory (would I be better off getting 1GB or 2GB of memory? Should I get a faster processor or more memory?)
FREE Upgrade to 120GB Hard Drive
Super Multi 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network w/Bluetooth

So sorry to be a pain in the neck but I guess my questions are as follows:

1. Core 2 Duo Processor - 1.60GHz or 1.83GHz
2. 1GB System Memory or 2GB System Memory?
3. Is there any point in paying $50 to upgrade from the 1440x900 to the 1680x1050 monitor? If cramped on cash?
4. Warranty - 1-year Accidental Damage for $99 or 2-year HP Express Repair for $139

Thank you for all of your help, and I apologize for being a pain in the neck. I'm a college student so I just want to be sure I get the best bang for my buck. Oh ya lastly, how long do you think it will take (in days) to have a custom config. notebook delivered? Thanks again!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP dv9000t. Some questions before I purchase?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP dv9000t. Some questions before I purchase?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I would say go with the 2gb..
by Cocoagirl / March 2, 2007 1:59 AM PST

I too am looking to purchase in the next few days and from what I have read on here and other boards, your Vista experience will be more pleasurable with 2gb of ram. Can't answer the other 3 but look at my post cuz I asked the same questions about warranty and the responses might help you.

Collapse -
Thank you!
by KnappyRootz / March 2, 2007 2:24 AM PST

Thanks for the help! I think I'm going to be purchasing in the next few minutes, so if anyone has any last minute suggestions let me know!

Collapse -
Don't forget to check for coupons...
by Cocoagirl / March 2, 2007 2:43 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you!
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?