And used its restore media. Why not use those supplied disks?
I've tried the following to fix my laptop:
- booting without the battery and using power cord only.
- holding the power button for 30+ seconds while battery and Power cord is unplugged trick.
- Booting to safemode,last config, etc all freeze up
- Loading my XP disc works but once its gets to "searching for previous versions of windows" it hangs forever.
- Removing the RAM and HD, and re-installing. Still no luck
So i ran the BIOS diagnostic tool on the memory, and it passed. Then i ran the diagnostic tool on the HD, and it failed. So is it safe to say I can go out and buy a new HD, re-install windows, and everything should work?