General discussion

HP Dv 5 -1235dx flickering

My hp dv5 screen is constantly flickering, It was purchased 14 months ago. The problem started recently. It operates using vista.
Please help!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: HP Dv 5 -1235dx flickering
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HP Dv 5 -1235dx flickering
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Good thoughts.
- Collapse -
HP DV5-1235dx

I also have a screen flickering problem. I use external monitor most of the time and dont have a problem with that. I need to find out what makes the notebook monitor turn on and off when opened and closed. Does anyone know if there is a switch? or contacts in the hindges? I have tried to squirt some contact cleaning in the hinge. Any information is appreciated.
I can open and partially close lid and make it quit.
Thanks
Tim

- Collapse -
LCD problem

Hi.. I think you have a problem with your LCD. Before you try to replace it. Open up your laptop and see if the contacts are loose or that the parts inside need cleaning. Here is a link to the site where it has instructions on how to open your laptop and how to replace your LCD: http://laptoptroubleshoot.com/

CNET Forums