General discussion

HP desktop won't recognize Comcast cable.

I have a 2 yr old Pavillion with Windows Vista as the O.S. Untill yesterday I used pa.net DSL as my internet service provider. Which, has worked great for 10 years. I became interested in the Comcast Triple Play. So I had Comcast Cable come and install and change everything around. Now, since I already use Comcast as my cable provider all that was needed was to switch the phone to Comcast and change out the DSL for the cable modem at the P.C.. Well for some reason the P.C. won't recognize the cable connection. Any help? Oh, by the way, HP want's 50 bucks to tell me what's wrong. What a load of crap!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: HP desktop won't recognize Comcast cable.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HP desktop won't recognize Comcast cable.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try:

Resetting the IP-configuration using the ipconfig program. Without knowing your OS (Windows 98, ME, XP, Vista, 7?) it's not possible to give all the details on how to run it and what to do exactly. But it surely is present on your system, either as a command-line tool or with a GUI.

Kees

- Collapse -
Vista

Vista is the operating system.

- Collapse -
Then a link.
- Collapse -
Info recieved

Thank you for your help. I'll give it a try.

CNET Forums