General discussion

HP all in one only prints solid black copies when using copy

Hp C7280. Printer, copier, fax, scanner. Just recently, everytime I try to use the copy function, I end up with a nearly solid black sheet. I've changed no settings. Tried troubleshooting with no results. I've searched online including HP forums and no one seems to have an answer. But others are experiencing the same issuel. For the first year it worked flawlessly. All cartridges are recently installed HP brands (did the same thing when black was getting low). Same thing happens when scanning. Regular prints are perfect. Don't use the fax.
Am using HP vista, 32 bit laptop and running laptop to printer wirelessly. I've even tried re arranging the position of the paper on the screen and cleaning the screen.
Last resort is calling HP tech, which I DREAD.
I'm stumped!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: HP all in one only prints solid black copies when using copy
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HP all in one only prints solid black copies when using copy
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
If the scanner has failed.

It would do that. What you discover is that out of warranty repairs run more than a replacement scanner.
Bob

- Collapse -
Bulb?

I don't see the bulb light up as it's trying to copy or scan. Is this a user replacement part or must it get sent in? Oh, and I just found my record of the extended warranty i bought with the printer. Expires Aug. 2010!! Maybe I'll go that inconvenient route.
Just too bad HP can't come up with a solution that seems fairly wide-spread.

- Collapse -
extended warranty

it wouldn't really be too inconvenient if you have an HP support center where you live; at the very least they (HP) can check to see if it is indeed a hardware failure, or a simple install of a dead bulb.

- Collapse -
That bulb is not simple.

Almost all at CCFL (see google) and have not only the CCFL but an inverter board elsewhere plus associated components. It is almost never the CCFL "bulb" but some other part. The next sentence is not meant badly. Those that could fix this would know what to do next. The rest of us will call and see how much to fix.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info