Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

HP all in one 1315, cannot scan

by Rosanne / March 13, 2007 9:53 AM PDT

I have WinME. I have an all in one HP 1315. I have scanned with it before and then one day I can't. I cannot get the HP director to come up when I click it. I receive 2 error messages. Line 362, Char 4,Error Object required, Code 0, URL File//C:\Program Files\HP\DigitalImaging|bbfe\director3.htm. second Error message Line 9, Char 2, Error Object doesn't support this property or method, Code 0, same URL as before. The rest of the functions work on the printer. I have gone to HP's site and downloaded updates. Though I never saw anything for the error messages that I receive. I have contacted Windows support and they gave a truckload of stuff to try. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times also. Nothing has worked to resolve this problem. How can something work just fine and then one day it doesn't? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP all in one 1315, cannot scan
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP all in one 1315, cannot scan
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
From memory.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 13, 2007 10:46 AM PDT

The last time I went through this one it came down to a few items. Spyware damage, registry cleaners, Mcafee or other packages "protecting" privacy or such, and other cleaner type programs.

Since there is so little to work with from the history of the issue I'm left with very few suggestions.

Bob

Collapse -
error message with HP all in one 1315
by Rosanne / March 13, 2007 12:23 PM PDT
In reply to: From memory.

Thanks for responding back to me. I did read many of the other inquiries throughout this forum. I have exhausted my research and other avenues, such as updates, drivers or whatever I needed to do but nothing has helped. So I guess I am stuck with a printer with limited functions. Technology isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Collapse -
I fret about such things....
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 13, 2007 12:28 PM PDT

Here's what I was hoping to read. "I use RegScanner 2007 and ..." or similar so I could use that plus your error message.

I wish there was a do this cure but I have yet to repeat the same cure twice.

Bob

Collapse -
sorry to disappoint you
by Rosanne / March 13, 2007 1:12 PM PDT

Sorry Bob, I don't use that. Is there anything else that you might need to know that I use on my computer? Spyware, firewall??? I don't have much that I use.

Collapse -
A firewall once caused this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 13, 2007 9:33 PM PDT

It appears it blocked scripting used by the scanner. Norton and another similar script blocker was the culprit.

Bob

Collapse -
delete firewall?
by Rosanne / March 14, 2007 1:12 AM PDT

OK Bob, at least that is a start. Should I totally uninstall the firewall? I will keep on trying to do anything to fix this problem. Thanks so much for you input.

Collapse -
I don't delete it but..
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 14, 2007 2:13 AM PDT
In reply to: delete firewall?
Collapse -
not compatible
by Rosanne / March 16, 2007 2:55 AM PDT

Hi Bob, I read the info in the thread that you sent. However that was for Windows XP or 2000. It didn't work for my system Windows ME. I did try it though. I also went ahead and uninstalled (twice) my all in one and reinstalled it. It didn't clear up the problem with the scanner. I really appreciate all the input from you. I guess it is a lost cause. I am curious though, has this same type problem ever been resolved by any others that you know of?

Collapse -
Not all the time.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 16, 2007 3:53 AM PDT
In reply to: not compatible

So far this one is, as you have read, one of the tough ones that nothing short of starting over may cure. It could be some Microsoft security patch to block scripts. That's what I suspect since I ran into that with Norton's script blocker more than once.

bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!