Peripherals forum

General discussion

HP 5650 Printer Cartridge Jam

by AELOW / July 11, 2005 5:28 AM PDT

My HP 5650 Printer has the ink cartridges jammed at the right side. The platform that supports the ink cartridges is stuck in the up position which prevents the cartridges from being removed or printing. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? The printer is less than a year old.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP 5650 Printer Cartridge Jam
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP 5650 Printer Cartridge Jam
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Take a look...
by Willy / July 12, 2005 12:09 AM PDT

Your best bet with power off is to remove the covers in order to directly work on the area. Any slight of hand, twiddling from the side with covers on may work, but frustration comes quickly. More important, you may break or find a broken part. More than likely the ink cart got unseated then jammed. Also, if left for a longtime, any excessive ink may have dried the parking cup/seal and got stuck. -OR- the belt broke, etc. a direct view is best to see what has to be done. HP parts surfer offers a detailed view of items to see what you're dealing with, use that as a guide, though it does tell you how to remove covers, use common sense.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Correction
by Willy / July 12, 2005 12:14 AM PDT

HP parts surfer "DOESN't" tell you how to remove covers.

Collapse -
Cartridge Platflorm Jammed
by AELOW / July 18, 2005 4:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Correction

I tried to unjam the platform but dried ink from the cartridge is not the problem. I have heard of the other HP platforms jamming. Anyone else have any other suggestions? Hate to junk the printer!

Collapse -
Hp 5650 platform jam
by Waynebeauty / August 5, 2005 9:54 PM PDT

I have the same prblrm with my 5650. The power light comes on for about a second after connection to the mains then goes off. It does not come on again when pressed. The printer status light is continually on even after replacing the cartridges. The platform does not move and of course the printer will not print.

Collapse -
Any solutions?
by AELOW / August 11, 2005 2:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Hp 5650 platform jam

Yes, I get the same thing with my lights. Do you have a solution to this problem?

Collapse -
Try this link...
by Willy / August 11, 2005 7:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Any solutions?
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.