Question

HP 430 L3Q39EA vs Dell Latitude E3450

Hello!

I hope I can find someone here to help me with picking the better laptop. I want a light fast laptop. I'm a student so I can't afford an expensive one. I will use it for my graduation project so I will take it everywhere with me.

I will use it for some engineering softwares like MATLAB, PSPICE, Emcos, Tina etc...

Here are the specs of the two:

HP:

CPU Intel 5th generation Intel® Core™ i5-5200U
2.2 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz
Cache 3 MB
Chipset Intel®
13.3"
Screen LED HD 1366x768
Intel HD Grapics 4400
HDMI 1 HDMI
RAM 4GB DDR3
Max 8 GB
HDD: 500 GB 5400 RPM
Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless 802.11bg/n
Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0
Usb Port 2 USB 2.0 + 2 USB 3.0
Video Port 15 pin VGA video connector
DTS Sound+
4-in-1 card reader (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC)
HP TrueVision HD Web Cam
FreeDos
Paket İçeriği Notebook/Adaptör/Pil
Pil Teknolojisi 4-cell Li-lon Pil
1.50 Kg
Guarantee 24 months HP Service
Year of production 2015

DELL:

5th generation Nesil Intel® Core™ i5-5200U İşlemci
Intel Core i5
i5-5200U - 2.2 GHz with Turbo Boost ile 2.7 GHz
Cache 3 MB
14" LED HD 1366x768
Intel Intel® HD Graphics 5500
1 HDMI
4GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
HDD 500 GB Disk Hızı 7200 RPM
Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless 802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0
Usb Portu 1 USB 2.0 + 2 USB 3.0
Stereo Speakers
Webcam
FreeDos
1.9 Kg
Guarantee Süresi 24 Month Dell

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: HP 430 L3Q39EA vs Dell Latitude E3450
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HP 430 L3Q39EA vs Dell Latitude E3450
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I would not buy either.

The apps you listed are for Windows and the machines don't come with a Windows OS.

Installing WIndows on laptops has been too rough on folk so I can't guess why these models were chosen. On top of that, if there is any Windows issue it won't be anything Dell will answer since they didn't supply it up and working.

Theses are poor choices for a student or even a grad.

- Collapse -
What to do then?

So installing windows on laptops is not same with the desktops? I thought I would buy a windows dvd and install it. Do I really have to buy a laptop with Windows installed in it? Because such laptops are double price.

- Collapse -
Unlike desktops parts on laptops are proprietary.

That means you have to get the laptop's drivers from the manufacturer. With desktops most of the parts are standard so it's less problem prone, not totally problem free, but easier to deal with.
`
Good luck.

- Collapse -
Surprise. It's not.

For example laptops usually have more than drivers to install as we (well, most folk) want to control the audio level, turn WiFi on and more. This means that it's a bit harder than a desktop where most systems you install the OS then drivers.

Here I never found the price to double when Windows is installed. In fact you pay more for a machine without windows because it's not in mass production. If it was double the price I see the attraction. So what next?

Since both machines are similar, use CPUBOSS to see which wins on that.

CNET Forums