TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

HP 37" LCD TV LC3760N

I am looking to get an LCD TV and have found a good deal on the HP LC3760N. I looked at the specs and am wondering about connecting the unit to my Media Center PC as a monitor/TV but I don't see anything specific about doing so in the manual, etc. Is it just a given that a TV can be used as a monitor when connected via DVI to HDMI or does the TV need to be specially designed to act in that role? Is it no different than connecting an LCD monitor? Thanks for any input!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP 37" LCD TV LC3760N
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP 37" LCD TV LC3760N
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HDMI to DVI cable may work.

In reply to: HP 37" LCD TV LC3760N

Some video cards also have component capability.
My HDTV has a DVI connector it works OK, dose the job.
The only to to find out for sure is to try.
HP also has PC monitors that have video inputs. John

Collapse -
The video card.....

In reply to: HDMI to DVI cable may work.

...in the system is NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GPU. It has one DVI and one VGA connection. Here's a link to the specs on the card: http://www.nvidia.com/page/pg_20040809885583.html

What I gather from the specs is that it's HDTV capable: "Provides world-class HDTV-out functionality up to and including 1920x1080i resolutions." The TV is 1080i/720p/480p/480i Dual HDMI, 1366 x 768 pixels. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.