Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

HP 340n TEXT BLURRY

It seems that when I leave my computer and return, then all my text is blurry. Why would this happen? and is there any way to correct this?
Thanks so much. You all have helped me tremenduously. I MEAN TREMENDUOUSLY. I respect all of your opinons highly.
Zeta

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP 340n TEXT BLURRY
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP 340n TEXT BLURRY
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
TFT screen?

In reply to: HP 340n TEXT BLURRY

Do you have a TFT/LCD screen? If so, then it may be autoadjusting to different settings when left idle. To fix it, if there is an "auto settings" button or similar (usually on the front on the monitor, labelled "Auto" or such like) then just press it and it should bring everything back into focus.

Hope this helps,
Adi

Collapse -
TFT/LCD SCREEN?

In reply to: TFT screen?

Hello,
I am not certain what type of screen you are referring to., I have a very old monitor. I find that if I reboot, then it's all back to normal again.
I do have a LCD screen, it is listed as a generic screen, because when I bought my new comuter, I kept my old monitor. Have windows XP, HP a340n 120 GIGS. good quality, graphics cards. so I'm not sure about that particular name.
Thank you for your help. I will check and see what my settings say in the monitor. I dod have several buttons for adjustment on the front of my monitor.
Zeta

Collapse -
TFT screen

In reply to: TFT/LCD SCREEN?

Sorry, TFT is not a make, TFT is short for Thin Film Transistor, which is the same as LCD.

Looking at the specs for your PC, I see it comes with an LCD monitor, but you say you use your old one, is that a CRT (Cathode Ray Telescope)? You can tell just by looking - if your monitor goes back a long way with a lump coming out the back it is CRT, if it is pretty much flat and thin, it's an LCD.

If it is a very old monitor however, then that may well be the problem, especially if it is a CRT. Try using your new screen and see if the problem persists.

Hope this helps,
Adi

Collapse -
TFT SCREEN

In reply to: TFT screen

Yup, it's a CRT, it's a big old one. you're right I reckon it's time for me to get a new monitor. this one has been around for a long, long time now.
Thanks so much for explaining the difference to me.

Collapse -
TFT SCREEN another note

In reply to: TFT SCREEN

hmm, as a matter of fact, I've had this monitor since I first bought my computer, and that's been some time ago. it was one of those origianl Packar Bell ones, oh my.
Got rid of that motherboard pretty quicly, and built my own, and kept the monitor. now I have a new system of course, HP Windows XP, but still the same old CRT monitor. Makes a lot of sense for me to upgrade now.
Thanks

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Glad I could help

In reply to: TFT SCREEN another note

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.