Question

HP 250 G6 laptop. Turn touchpad off when mouse plugged in

Product: HP 250 G6
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)
My father has an HP 250 G6 and prefers to use a mouse instead of the Touchpad.

The problem is that I just can't see any way to turn off the Touchpad. I've been into the Mouse Advance settings. However, under the Advanced Mouse Settings there doesn't appear to be a Touchpad Tab, where you can turn it on and off as people have suggested.

The Tabs are just BUTTONS, POINTERS, POINTER OPTIONS, WHEEL and HARDWARE. No Touchpad, or Synaptics one with a small red symbol, as I have seen posted.

I've also tried the top left hand corner double tap of the touchpad, but that doesn't work.

It's a real pain not being able to turn it off for him, as he rests the palms of his hands on the touchpad when he's typing, and it causes all sorts of problems.
I've had to stick a piece of card over the Touchpad for the time being, to stop it being touched accidently.

I've installed the latest driver Synaptics TouchPad Driver (Windows 10 v1903), but still ther doesn't appear to be an option to turn it off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Ian

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: HP 250 G6 laptop. Turn touchpad off when mouse plugged in
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HP 250 G6 laptop. Turn touchpad off when mouse plugged in
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
in the Mouse Settings

there should be a "Device Settings" tab to click on disable.
My HP can disable the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in like this >

- Collapse -
Device Settings not in Additional Mouse Settings

Thanks a lot for the reply and the link.
I've been into the additional mouse option settings, and Frustratingly the box to tick to disable the touchpad just isn't there...... it's driving me mad. The red tab with 'Device Settings' should be there and it just isn't
Goodness knows why?

Post was last edited on December 1, 2019 3:57 AM PST

- Collapse -
The red tab

Relies on getting the drivers etc. If I wanted to disable the touchpad anyway I'd look in my BIOS for options to disable the pad as well as DEVICE MANAGER.

CNET Forums

Forum Info