Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

HP 1220 LaserJet Problem

by macejak / May 24, 2006 8:53 AM PDT

Just obtained a 1200 series HP laserjet all in one printer (print,copy,scan)... everything works fine except the scan. I press the scan button on the machine and it does nothing. I am knowledgable in drivers and WinXP and have tried everything to get it to work. Unistall, Reinstall, Update driver, Download drivers... nothing.
I saw a previous post that said I needed to install EZinstall because of driver conflicts, have done that and am not sure how to use it. Any help is appreciated.
Once again I have Windows XP, SP2, 1220 HP LaserJet with the Copy/Scan attatchment connected through USB.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP 1220 LaserJet Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP 1220 LaserJet Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Did you try to connect it using the non-USB?
by DarCLew2 / May 24, 2006 2:25 PM PDT

I had my WINME not work properly with USB connection and the printer is listed 4 types in WINXP Home Edition so it should connect on a LPT-1. Darrell Lewis

Collapse -
tried...
by macejak / May 24, 2006 10:39 PM PDT

yes, I tried that already... it detects the printer and everything, just does nothing when I hit the scan button, it's supposed to scan the page, pop a window up, and show a prieview... I know it has to be something w/ drivers, but I don't know what.

Collapse -
hmmmm....
by Bill Veik / May 24, 2006 11:52 PM PDT
In reply to: tried...

If you have tried the standard driver repair routines with no luck, it could be some sort of imcompatability with a shared file with some other software...maybe try uninstalling any previous printer/scanner type software you have on your system (If you haven't already).

Collapse -
The only thing I can think of is the registry
by DarCLew2 / May 25, 2006 12:29 AM PDT
In reply to: hmmmm....

That would go from run, type in regedit and click okay. At the top is Edit, go to find and search (F3 Key to keep searching) type in printer and other printers may be listed, right click each and delete on the left hand side the key closest to the left. Any printers not listed BY NAME you will need. Don't forget those in Add/Remove and in files folders on search. Take it from the top. Darrell Lewis

Collapse -
Do your
by Themisive / May 25, 2006 12:44 AM PDT

Drivers for this need updating? If so, try HP's website, you should be able to get updated drivers there.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!