Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

How to upgrade AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 7.1 to new 7.5 ve

* download the AVG Free Edition 7.5 setup program, save this file on your hard disk and launch it
* Click "Next >" on the AVG "Welcome!" screen
* Click "Accept" on the "License Agreement on Use of an AVG Free Edition" screen
* Select "Repair installation" on the "Select Setup Type" screen and click "Next >"
* Select "Restart the computer now" (pre-selected by the program automatically) and click "OK" on the "Installation Complete!" screen to restart your computer and complete the installation

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/28680/lng/us/tpl/v5

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to upgrade AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 7.1 to new 7.5 ve
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to upgrade AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 7.1 to new 7.5 ve
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thankyou, Mi Lady M!! Here I am, Waiting 4 Option UpDt!

In reply to: How to upgrade AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 7.1 to new 7.5 ve

Collapse -
Thanks Marianna!

I tried downloading this last night before seeing your post. Twice after download and attempting to install I received a corrupt file notice. Today I notice the file name has changed from AVG Free 7.5.408 to AVG 7.5.428. Maybe that was the problem.

Downloading at present and will try again.

Thanks for the update Happy

Glenn

Collapse -
P.S......

In reply to: Thanks Marianna!

Installed perfectly... nice interface! I think that old build of 408 was corrupt. Sad

Glenn

Collapse -
Update avg 7.5

Windows xp sp2

I currently have avg 7.1 408 268.13.9/490 updated 10/20/06

When trying to update to 7.5 free_428 a818 I continue to get corrupt files error as follows:

extracting licensce_us.txt
extracting avgsetup.exe
extracting files.dat
crc failed in files.dat
unexpected end of archives

Destination folder per avg
C:\docume~1\Ray\locals~1\temp\rarsfxd

Have tried numerous times even reinstalled 7.1 408

Checked avg forum no threads regarding this error.

Am I trying to download to early are the servers busy.
First try in the am about seven hours ago.

Thanks for the help
Ray

Collapse -
Ray...

In reply to: Update avg 7.5

I had the same problem trying to download AVG 7.5 build 408 but trying Marianna's link above for the later build of 428 was successful on first try yesterday.

Only advice I can give is to keep trying. Wink

Glenn

Collapse -
upgrade avg 7.5

In reply to: Ray...

Glenn

I tried numerous times to download avg 7.5 over the last two days without any sucess.

Submitted post at avg forum and castle cop forum and their suggestions did not help.

As a final attempt I stop protection with the exception of avg. This time i got a complete download and install.

Turn protection back on and scanned no problems found.

Thanks for the reply
Ray

Collapse -
Great job, Ray!

In reply to: upgrade avg 7.5

Persistence usually pays off... did in your case. Sometimes its hard to find the real reason something does not work. I like your approach of isolating it. Grin

Glenn

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Worked for me also. Thanks Ray

In reply to: Great job, Ray!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks very much.

Collapse -
AVG UPDATE?

In reply to: (NT) Thanks very much.

My AVG FREE is version 7.0.408. Could someone advise me if I can update straight to 7.5.

Thanks

Collapse -
First post in this thread by Marianne gave instructions..

In reply to: AVG UPDATE?

Collapse -
AVG UPDATE

In reply to: First post in this thread by Marianne gave instructions..

Thanks, I have the first post. BUT as I said in my post I have Program version 7.0.408. Mariann's post refers to 7.1 - 7.5. I need to be sure as I am not experienced. Thanks

Collapse -
Tallin... I failed to pick up on your version...

In reply to: AVG UPDATE

I do not know the answer either. Maybe best you wait for someone who knows for sure.

Sorry for my omission and confusion. When resolved you will like AVG 7.5.

All the best,

Glenn

Collapse -
AVG UPDATE

In reply to: Tallin... I failed to pick up on your version...

Thanks for your reply, I have to be careful.
I also downloaded AVG free 7.5.exe so could uninstall my existing 7.0.408 and install 7.5, but I will take your advice and wait for others to perhaps give their opinion here.

regards,

Collapse -
Good planning...

Like you if you get no other solution I would do as you have indicated by removing the old version and try for install of Version 7.5. There must be a way for people that are in your situation.

All the best!

Glenn

Collapse -
AVG UPDATE

Hi,

I would download the NEW 7.5 version. Then I would make a new restore point. Then uninstall the old version. Use CCleaner for cleaning up remnants, if there are any.

Reboot and then install the new version, you already downloaded and you should be fine Happy

Collapse -
AVG UPDATE

Thank you for your advice.

After making the new restore point and before uninstalling the old version, I would need to go off line for safely sake then uninstall the old and install the new, then reboot...right. Then use Ccleaner. As mentioned I am inexperienced so need to get this right.

Collapse -
Yes, go OFF the internet - then

take your time to uninstall - reboot - run CCleaner and then install the new version.

Good Luck Happy

Collapse -
AVG UPDATE

In reply to: Yes, go OFF the internet - then

Thank you very much. Now I am fine.

regards,

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) MY pleasure :)

Collapse -
AVG UPGRADE

In reply to: (NT) MY pleasure :)

Thank you Marianna and Glenn30. All accomplished with no problems at all.

Collapse -
Great job ! Congratulations :)

In reply to: AVG UPGRADE

Happy SAFE Computing Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.