General discussion

How to uninstall XP pro

#1 Today, 06:30 PM
uabud
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2005

How to uninstall XP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have 2 partitions in my notebook. When I was having problem with C drive, I installed xp pro in D drive. Yes, I have 2 operating systems in my notebook. Now xp in C drive is working properly, I want to remove xp from D drive. It is not listed in add/remove program. When I inserted xp CD, there is no uninstallation program in it. How do I remove it from my D drive?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How to uninstall XP pro
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How to uninstall XP pro
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Editing the boot.ini file....

can remove the dual boot options screen on startup.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289022

Once the proper install is allowed to boot, the other partition can be formatted for further use. No uninstall of XP exists in this type on installation.

Note: care should be taken when editing the boot.ini and a backup copy should be made as per the instructions.

- Collapse -
Editing the boo.ini file

Thank you very much Michael. I shall try this.

CNET Forums

Forum Info