Question

How to turn on Advanced Features vie R323 on LG LV761H?

I got LG LV761H and some features are grayed out. Someone in this forum told me that If I want to turn on that feature I need to connect it through the R323. But the question is how?
I would help a lot if there are videos related to this problems.

Discussion is locked
Answer
Follow
Reply to: How to turn on Advanced Features vie R323 on LG LV761H?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How to turn on Advanced Features vie R323 on LG LV761H?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sorry if I've been unclear.

I take it this is a continuation of our prior discussions.

Let me be clear here. The MENU or GUI SYSTEM is incomplete and I don't make any assertion that the RS232 system would enable anything in the menus. It's well known that these digital display models never put everything in the menus so we are left to chat with the TV over RS232 to setup what's not in the menus.

Again, I do not expect the menus to become enabled.

- Collapse -
Timer Repeat is Grayed Out

Actually I got around 15 TVs in my organization but I noticed that all the TVs that my client bought for me are strange, a "Schedule Turn On which the Timer Repeat" is Grayed Out but the one that I bought my own which that "Timer Repeat" is okay.
About R323 I'm not sure that I could enable that features but one of the member here recommend me about that.

- Collapse -
At no point can I tell you

That the GUI, the MENU will show what you want. The RS232 interface gets us control over what was left out on the GUI MENUs.

Sorry that I was unclear on that point.

- Collapse -
How to turn it on?

I didn't know what to do with the GUI. Do we need to go to advanced mode? Can u let me know can I do it?

- Collapse -
I am not getting my point across.

The GUI is a dead end. It's incomplete and does not appear to have every setting. I'm not there to see what the RS232 is showing or to try the commands as you see in the manual noted before.

As long as you insist the GUI or remote control work, you won't get there.

Maybe it's just not to be. The customer bought the wrong units for the job.

- Collapse -
So there will be no solutions?

So which mean there is no way we can do to fix this thing.

- Collapse -
Define "fix".

If you want the GUI, the menus you see with the remote then no.

If you want to program the display to do what else it can do over RS232 then I consider that a fix but you have a dozen posts and appear to be wanting the remote control and its menus to work. So if that's the goal, these are the wrong models for the job.

CNET Forums