Question

How to turn off MobSync.exe when it is not running

by associates76 / July 3, 2011 11:15 AM PDT

Hi,

I have two questions I need some help with. I received a System Error message:
Source: System Error
Event ID:
Description: Error code 1000000a, parameter1 0000001c, parameter2
00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 80702a16.

I wonder what I
should do. Is this to do with hardware issue?

I have also received some warning events with the following description:
Source: EventSystem
Event ID: 4356
Description:
The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber
partition:{41E9....}!new:{6295D-F2D-35EE-11D1-8707-00C04FD93327}.CoGetObject returned HRESULT 8000401A.

I looked this up on the internet and found - it's to do with offline
file sync or mobsync.exe. I went to check to see if MobSync.exe service
was running but could not find it in the task manager list.In the System
under Event Viewer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to turn off MobSync.exe when it is not running
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to turn off MobSync.exe when it is not running
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
First step
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 3, 2011 9:35 PM PDT

try this;

Open your System Configuration Editor. To do that, go to Start > Run, type in msconfig and click OK, (for clarity, that is MSCONFIG).

When the editor window opens, go to the Startup tab and check down the list for mobsync. If you see it, remove the tick, then click Apply then OK. XP will ask if you want to restart the computer now, and that is up to you. When you do next boot up you may see an Information window telling you that you have started in Selective Mode. That message can be suppressed from within the window itself.

Does that work?

Mark

Collapse -
Does not work
by associates76 / July 7, 2011 10:54 AM PDT
In reply to: First step

Thanks Mark for your reply.

I did as you said. In the system configuration (msconfig), I found mobsync on the list but it was un-ticked the whole time. Hence, I do not know why I got the error message. Anyway, I have not received any more of that errors recently. I am not sure whether or not it sort of fixed itself already. But did not find any errors with that event id 4356.

Thank you

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.