Video Cameras forum

General discussion

How to transfer movir from Canon ZR65MC to computer

by chugh_subhash / April 20, 2007 4:54 PM PDT

Hi,I have canon ZR65MC camcorder and 4 pin-to-4pin DV cable.I have installed all the software and drivers came with my camcorder.But still when i connect my camcorder to my laptop it does not recognise it and I am not able to transfer movies from camcorder to my laptop.Can anybody help me on that.I have Microsoft windows XP Media center addition version 2002 , service pack 2.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to transfer movir from Canon ZR65MC to computer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to transfer movir from Canon ZR65MC to computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
when you connect the laptop to the computer,
by boya84 / April 20, 2007 5:24 PM PDT

what are you expecting it to do? If you look in "My Computer" you won't see any difference. If you launch your video editing program, the computer should detect the camera and you should be able to import the video from the camera. Your computer is a miniDV tape based camcorder and transfer of video is not a drag/drop copy operation.

Collapse -
Still not able to transfer movie
by chugh_subhash / April 20, 2007 6:07 PM PDT

thanks boya.I opened window movie maker s/w and click on capture video option but I am getting the message "A video capture device was not detected. verify that a device is turned on and connected properly, and then try again".
everything is properly connected and my video is in play mode.
any suggestion?

Collapse -
Still not able to transfer movie
by Eli Nelson / April 20, 2007 11:52 PM PDT

I am having a similar problem with a similarly spec'd machine using a Canon HV20. I'm going to buy a different firewire cable since that is what my "research" suggests I should do - there are apparently issues with camera detection for USB2 which is what I have. You seem to have a firewire cable already (4pin to 4pin?) so maybe that is not the problem. I have also read that you might have to change firewall settings or ensure that you are reading your firewire port - I haven't investigated these options yet since I don't have the right cable. I don't know if any of this helps, but you're not the only one having issues.

Collapse -
Apologies to you for not being able to provide any deeper
by boya84 / April 21, 2007 1:44 AM PDT

support - I use an Apple Macintosh for video editing. I have an HP laptop, too, but do not use it for video editing.

Perhaps someone else in these forums can jump in.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?