Question

how to t/fer PC film d/loads to USB & play on DVD player

software required to transfer PC film downloads to USB thumb drive which will then play on a standard DVD player. I tried RealZeal but that only converts to DVD discs

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: how to t/fer PC film d/loads to USB & play on DVD player
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: how to t/fer PC film d/loads to USB & play on DVD player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
None!

To transfer a file or video PC film download requires no extra software.

Simply copy that file to your USB thumb drive and you are done.

--> HOWEVER very few "standard DVD player"s can play from USB thumbdrives. And those that do require the video to be formatted according to that maker's spec.

The answer is none for both the transfer and which software. It has to be "none" because of the what you asked!
Bob

- Collapse -
formatting

I understand copying on to the thumbdrive as I do this every day -- then that thumbdrive plays on any another computer but NOT on a DVD player; which is my problem.
This copying process works for pictures and one time for 45 episodes of a series I downloaded but it took an hour for the DVD player to read them each time before it would play.
All I want to do is copy one movie at a time onto a thumbdrive and playit on a DVD player -- but it won't so I need software which will re-format.
It must be available somewhere as I already have one for DVD discs.

Thanks anyway

- Collapse -
Not today.

Keep in mind your post left out the make and model of the player so I can't go check what this play supports for playback on USB.

I'm sure such details are available but I can't find it.
Bob

CNET Forums