General discussion

how to stream netflix on bd1600

Hi, I am having issues streaming netflix through my bd1600 blu-ray. I know the network is working because I can stream youtube videos through the player.

I cannot seem to find the netflix app on the menu. I tried downloading new firmware 2.12, still no app. Maybe I am not looking in the right place. I am streaming netflix through my Wii console, but would like to go through my samsung blu-ray.

Any help or ideas would be great, thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: how to stream netflix on bd1600
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: how to stream netflix on bd1600
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
how to stream netflix on bd1600

seanbob11,

Is this a player purchased in the U.S.? It would be on the front menu as you powered up the Blu-Ray player on the home page. If no disc is in the drive, it will display the options immediately after startup.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
stream netflix bd1600

Thanks for the response, the unit would be purchased in canada, the only option on the main homepage is youtube. (option A- or red button)

As netflix just became available last month in canada, would there be a firmware update to allow canadian customer to use the netflix service??

thanks again.

sean

- Collapse -
stream netflix bd1600

seanbob11,

I'm not aware if it would be available in Canada. You'd have to contact the Samsung customer service center in Canada to inquire if Netflix will make it available for that model.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info