General discussion

How to solve the little red x inside the small box.

The little red x inside the small box of the " IE" is mainly caused by the loading of the pictures. I remember I had them a year ago and I was so upset about it. So I wrote to MSN about this, within 24 hours, I got the reply from them. Therefore, credit is due to all the nice people in MSN NOT me. Here is the solution they gave.
1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Internet Options.
3. On the General tab, click Accessibility.
4.Click to clear the Ignore colors specified on Web pages check box.
5. Click OK, and then OK.

You may also visit the site http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807 for more information and troubleshooting steps for this issue. You may also download the 'virtual machine" from http://java.sun.com/getjava and install it.
Also, you can try the following;

1. On the " Tools" menu of your web browser,click " Internet Options".
2. Click " Delete Files".
3. Click "OK".
4.Click "Settings" beside " Delete Files".
5. Choose " Every visit to the page".
6. Click "OK".

Do not thank me, thank the people at MSN as this was sent to me on 14th March, 2004.

If you do not see ' MSN Today", it is definitely caused by the firewall. Both Norton and Zone Alarm will cause this. I now use Sygate personal firewall and it is good. Simply go to www.cnet.com, under the download.com, look up the 'utilities section ' under firewall, then type Sygate personal firewall, the file will appear.
I had returned the Norton 2005 Internet Security as it failed to get the Live Update. I have the Zone Alarm Pro 5 but I leave it unopened.

I highly recommend Sygate Personal Firewall to all subscribers of cnet.com

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How to solve the little red x inside the small box.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How to solve the little red x inside the small box.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info