Question

How to solve hp pavilion dv6

i have and hp pavilion dv6-3122er which i bought 5months ago. the problem is that its so hot,even when am just doing simple things like browsing or playing music. temperatures reach up to 75degrees celsius. i have cleaned the vents very well but its stil as high as 60degr. whats even more worry is that am also using a cooling fan/pad. what can i do?could it be software,battery or what? its too new to be this hot.! help plz

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: How to solve hp pavilion dv6
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How to solve hp pavilion dv6
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Ouch...

Google away for DV6xxx series on its issues. You'll find numerous complaints about heat and failures, so beware. Also, HP own forums may shed light on the topic too. Its the nature of this laptop to be heat stressed, so dump it, IMO as soon as you can, sorry. You've done as much as you can and see no better cooling other than having an A/C unit under it. But, some users have installed a s/w patch that seems to address the cooling in the fan control of operation, check the HP support website for it. Battery recalls are also known, again verify yours at HP.

- Collapse -
Answer
Call HP Tech support

Those temps do seem a little high.
I have a laptop, a different brand, but with the same processor and pushing it I get 57c.
I don't have a cooling pad.
On the other hand my son has a high end Asus laptop and gets temps close to what your getting with a cooling pad.
I know you have to speak 4 different languages when you call tech support anymore, but beings the computer would still be under warranty, give it a shot and see what the temps should be.

- Collapse -
heating laptop hp

i recently upgraded the ram from 3GB to 4Gb and HDD from 320 to 500Gb. could this contribute to the heating,coz i go the hardware i used to upgrade from a samsung laptop. and would upgrading the bios work?

- Collapse -
To answer this.

Put the old parts back in. For example the old drive might have been some low Watt 4200 RPM drive the new one the blistering fast and hot 7200 RPM.

We can't tell much but you won't have much of a warranty since it's not stock.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
HP is getting messed it seems.

CNET Forums