General discussion

How to sign out from yahoo mail in IE8?

Hello guys

I have updated my IE7 to IE8,
when I sing to my yahoo mail, and then click a new browser it comes with the same mail page, but in IE7 it does not keep me signed in yahoo mail,
and when I click sign out from the yahoo mail page to long in to my other account, it's signs me out from the previous one,
how to slove this problem please?

kindly any information to fix this trouble I will highly appreciate it,
many Thanks in advance,

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How to sign out from yahoo mail in IE8?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How to sign out from yahoo mail in IE8?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sounds Like You Checked The "Remember Me" Box

The standard Yahoo sign in page in the link below has a box which will "Keep me signed in" for two weeks.

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.intl=us&.src=ym&rl=1

If you checked that box, then your login will be remembered for two weeks or until you sign out or...until you delete the cookies associated with Yahoo from your Temporary Internet Files folder.

So in addition to cleaning out your cookies, make sure you've made the correct selection in the "Internet Options-Advanced tab" in the "Security" section to "Empty Temporary Internet Files when browser is closed".

As to your last statement, it's not very clear, "when I click sign out from the yahoo mail page to long in to my other account, it's signs me out from the previous one". Isn't doing exactly what it's supposed to do?, Isn't it supposed to log you out?

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
How to log in default page

No, I didnt check the "remeber me" as I am using yahoo for over than 10 years ago,
with IE7 is working ok, I can long in to more than 1 account in yahoo each in a separate browser, but this IE8 even I clrared all cookies, and unchecked the same passwerds, forms from the AutoComplete, but unfortunately still have the same problem, which when I long in to one of my accounts in yahoo , when I click new browser comes as I am logged in the yahoo mail page.. this is the problem....
any solution??

- Collapse -
Then Use An Entirely Different Browser

It works fine if you use a second browser such as Firefox.. I frequently use two different browsers in such a manner.. Give it a try.

Hope this helps.

Grif

CNET Forums

Forum Info