iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

Resolved Question

How to remove everthing on iphone

Hi there,

I have tried factory reset on my iPhone 4S a couple times, and every time the process stuck on a grayscreen, and nothing completed in half an hour. When I rebooted the device, no single piece of my information was deleted. I am wondering how to fix that problem? Is there any alternatives to the default method? Input will be much appreciated.

Franchesisgui has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to remove everthing on iphone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to remove everthing on iphone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by Franchesisgui

Collapse -
You must erase everything on iPhone

In reply to: How to remove everthing on iphone

With some professional iOS data recovery app, it can scan out all of deleted data and you can see what data still remains on the device and be sure that the files you previously deleted are no longer accessible or recoverable even with the latest software.When you plan to sell your phone, you never who will get it and what he will do with it. Therefore, you need to delete everything on your iPhone before selling it, for the sake of your privacy.

There are many methods in Google: http://www.safewiper.com/tutorials/erase-iphone-contacts-before-selling.html

Collapse -
Good

In reply to: You must erase everything on iPhone

Thanks for your tips, I didn't yet know that deleted data can still be recovered by data recovery, that's really terrible!

Collapse -
It works great

Thanks for the helpful tip. Finally fixed the issue by following the tutorial.

Collapse -
OT Anyone notice their logo in the upper left corner?

'Safe Wipper' ROTFL

Classic Wink

Collapse -
Looks similar to this soft wipe product.

In reply to: OT Anyone notice their logo in the upper left corner?

Collapse -
Just noting

If you by the program (it's nearly 40 euro's, so I expect more than 50 USD), you'll note that you buy a program called 'Wondershare SafeEraser'.

Collapse -
And ...

In reply to: Just noting

wondershare itself sells a one-day license (that's enough to thoroughly clean your iPhone) for half. That might be worth the price if you have really sensitive data on your phone and expect the next owner is an expert in data recovery, who has the software to read deleted data from it's flash memory.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
Before you go to the support counter.

Collapse -
Answer
Factory reset with iTunes

Collapse -
Answer
Erase your data easily

First of all prepare for back up your device. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

Follow the steps
Go to Settings General Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings.
# This will totally erase your device and turn off iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, Game Center, and other services too.
# If you're using iOS 7 and find my iPhone is turned on, your Apple ID and password will be required. After providing password, the device will be erased and removed from your account.
Now when the device is turned on for the first time by the new owner, Setup Assistant will guide them through the setup process.

Important: Do not manually delete contacts, calendars, reminders, documents, photo streams, or any other iCloud data while signed in to your iCloud account, or the content will also be deleted from the iCloud servers and all of your iCloud devices.

Note: If you have purchased some items on your phone and haven't transferred these purchases to your computer yet, right-click the iPhone and choose "Transfer Purchases" to transfer the purchases prior to backup.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.