Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

How to remove Antivirus 360

by Marianna Schmudlach / December 10, 2008 11:46 AM PST

Antivirus 360 is a rogue anti-spyware program that uses false scan results and aggressive advertising in order to promote itself. This rogue is advertised by the Vundo Trojan and is replacing the Antivirus 2009 rogue program that Vundo has been aggressively advertising. If you are infected with the Vundo Trojan you will see a large amount of pop-ups stating that your computer is infected and that you should install Antivirus 360 in order to protect yourself. If you click on the ad, Antivirus 360 will be downloaded to your computer and you will be prompted to install it.

Uninstall Instructions:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-removal/remove-antivirus-360

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to remove Antivirus 360
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to remove Antivirus 360
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
antivirus 360
by dippynina / January 23, 2009 9:58 PM PST

My mum has go the Antivirus 360 spyware on her computer (Windows XP). She is unable to use any program on the computer as it blocks it. Although she is able to get online, she can't get any further as again, it blocks it. This means she cannot download removal software. Can anyone help please??

Collapse -
Try the following.....
by Marianna Schmudlach / January 24, 2009 12:33 AM PST
In reply to: antivirus 360

IF you are not able to download these tools on your machine, please use a friend's or family member's computer and download the Malwarebytes tool and it's manual update from the link below.. Once downloaded, rename the program installer "mbam-setup.exe" file to something else like "Your Name.exe", then copy the installer file and the update file to a CD or flash drive.. Transfer the file to the problem machine, then install the "Your Name.exe" file, then run the update to get the program current.. After that, run a full system scan and delete anything it finds.

Malwarebytes Download Link (Clicking on the links below will immediately start the download dialogue window.)
http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe

Malwarebytes Manual Updater link
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/database/mbam-rules.exe

SuperAntispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

SuperAntispyware Manual Updater
http://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html

Good Luck !

Collapse -
renaming the file didn't work
by clum54 / January 24, 2009 1:32 PM PST
In reply to: Try the following.....

Any other suggestions? The file down loads but the application won't open up.

Collapse -
Re: renaming the file didn't work
by Marianna Schmudlach / January 24, 2009 2:22 PM PST

Did you download and rename the mbam-setup.exe installer (i.e your name.exe)? And then did you ALSO go to the MBAM folder ( C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware) and rename the "mbam.exe" file (i.e. your name.exe ) within the folder? And then did you double-click on the your name.exe, in order to run it?

Collapse -
antivirus 360
by clum54 / January 25, 2009 12:18 AM PST

I renamed the mbam-set-up.exe to a yourname.exe, I then went to the C:\Program files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder. I did not see another .exe file in this MBAM folder so I just renamed the MBAM application to a your name format. Double clicking this newly named program did not open the application either.

Another site recommended removing any AV360 files from the task manager. I did this and the pop-ups abated somewhat but I the virus still blocks me from getting onto Malwarebytes, Symantec's and Kaspersky's web site so I am sure the virus is still lurking. Any other suggestions? I really appreciate your help as this can be very frustrating.

PS I'm sure that this has been asked already but what can be done to the creators of these malware viruses. Couldn't the feds go after the crooks at "Antivirus 360". It seems that the money trail could be traced given that people are paying them with credit cards?

Collapse -
Try safe mode
by SOAguy / February 12, 2009 1:19 PM PST

I installed it without renaming anything and then ran it in safe mode.

Collapse -
Try Safe mode
by polaniac / February 19, 2009 4:37 AM PST
In reply to: Try safe mode

run Task Manager, select process and select AV360 and stop the process. then run the anti-malaware..

Collapse -
Anitvirus 360
by RMBREDA / February 25, 2009 9:14 AM PST

A friend of mine told me to restore my computer to an earlier point when I got the Antivirus 360. It worked for me.

Collapse -
AV 360
by lobtuf / February 25, 2009 9:23 AM PST
In reply to: Anitvirus 360

My friend lost all his restore points.

Collapse -
AV 360
by lobtuf / February 22, 2009 9:55 AM PST
In reply to: Try the following.....

A friend of mine has this on his PC and I'm trying to help him out. I downloaded the Malwarebytes tool and even ran it on my PC to make sure it works and it did. I copied it to a flash drive but when I attenpted to run it on his PC I received an error msg saying the port could not be found. What I did not do was change the name of "mbam-setup.exe" because I'm not sure how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Collapse -
Internet Explorer 7 hi-jack from AntiVirus 360
by pc12401 / February 21, 2009 4:03 PM PST

After finally removing AntiVirus 360, Internet Explore 7 was still being hijacked by an add-in active-x control. Re-installing IE7 will do nothing for the problem. The solution is so simple, you'll want to hit yourself in the head with a frying pan. Go to the Windows Control Panel, choose the 'Internet Options' icon, select the 'Advanced' tab, click on the 'Reset...' button to reset IE to factory files and settings. You will have to re-install any providers by using the 'Find Search Providers' button at the top right (down arrow next to the magnifying glass). Hope this helps.

Collapse -
MalwareBytes antimalware install and run
by jembers / February 23, 2009 1:11 AM PST

Right click the install icon mbam-setup.exe or whatever and set the compatibility mode to windows 2000 then run.
Reboot into safemode. find the mbam.exe file in the malware bytes folder in your program files. Set the compatibility mode to windows 2000 AND rename the mbam.exe to something like you.exe. Double click the you.exe file to run and start scanning.

Collapse -
AV 360
by lobtuf / February 24, 2009 10:31 AM PST

I, too, could not find mbam.exe file. I renamed the setup and managed to load it but it wouldn't let me run it. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Collapse -
Re:AV 360
by Marianna Schmudlach / February 24, 2009 10:35 AM PST
In reply to: AV 360

Did you go to the MBAM folder ( C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware) and also rename the "mbam.exe" file ?

After that you have to doubleclick the renamed.exe

Does it now work?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

BEST LIST

Find the best hybrids on the market!

Hybrid technology can be applied to any type of car, and the best show the most significant fuel economy improvements over a similar gasoline-only car.