Cameras forum

General discussion

how to recovery photos & video from panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3

by raccoongirl / May 30, 2010 12:22 PM PDT

We took a ton of photos & video today at Rolling Thunder, DC. When I went to put them in my computer, only a few from the end of the day were there. We have no idea what happened. The only thing I can think of was my husband changed the battery around the time of day where the pictures were deleted, but I don't know why that would have deleted all the photos/video (and there was a ton there). I wish I knew how this happened, and we're both so upset.

I've been reading about photo recovery programs. Do these work & can you recommend one? Preferrably one that's not too expensive or has a free download?

Any ideas how this happened so we don't run into this problem again? Wondering if this sd card is somehow responsible and maybe we shouldn't use it again?

Thanks everyone.

Melissa

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how to recovery photos & video from panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how to recovery photos & video from panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
About how to recovery photos, video from your digital camera

Hi, raccoongirl

Don't be too worried about it. All your deleted photo and videos are possible to be recovered.The reason why they are lost from your SD card may have something to do with the battery change by your husband. He might not operate it in a proper procedure like change the battery without close "Power Off" button or similar situations. Maing your taken photos and videos didn't well stored in the card thus lost.

Whatever happened, I don't think there are some problems with your sd card. But the most important thing is you can try some photo recovery software to get your lost photos and videos back. Here is the Top 6 Free Photo Recovery Software for your choices.
http://www.disk-utilities.com/articles/top-free-photo-recovery-software-to-get-data-back.html

However, freeware are usually less powerful than commercial ones. As these photos and videos are so important to you. I'd like to recommend you to try a nice program called Wondershare Photo Recovery. This one offers free trial version can deep scan SD card to find the lost photos and videos. Once found you can also preview them to see if your lost ones are listed there and then pay to perform full recovery.

Good luck and best regards

Collapse -
Wondershare is spam.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 30, 2010 9:42 PM PDT

Sorry but that's spam. You see this spammed widely so avoid that title at all cost.

Collapse -
wondershare
by raccoongirl / June 1, 2010 3:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Wondershare is spam.

Can you recommend a program that works?

Collapse -
Data Recovery
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / June 1, 2010 6:59 AM PDT
In reply to: wondershare
Collapse -
is it?
by clyoyo / June 1, 2010 4:45 PM PDT
In reply to: Wondershare is spam.

Hi, I lost nearly 100 photos from my Samsung Nx10 and got them back by this photo recovery program. It's nice to use and most importantly it recovered my precious pics. Is it really a spam? I don't believe that anyway. Sorry if I said anything offense.

Collapse -
Reason
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / June 1, 2010 11:52 PM PDT
In reply to: is it?

Some people are being paid to post that name and/or a link to that website.

They are called associates.
They are spammers.
Therefore the company that pays them is also a spammer.

Collapse -
Just search "panasonic photo recovery" on Google

It is recommended to search "panasonic photo recovery" or "panasonic video recovery" on Google. And you'll get a bunch of photo recovery tools. You'd better read the user guide carefully before trying it. Make sure that it can retrieve lost pictures (including RAW formats) and videos from panasonic digital camera (or memory card).

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?