Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

How to recover my Indeo software?

by dawillie / September 23, 2004 6:48 AM PDT

I need some help here, please.
When I purchased my XP-Pro it shipped with both Java and Indeo -ligos software.

somewhere along the way I either lost it or incorrectly uninstalled it and now am unable to use it.

I think it is still on the original O/S disc that i used to install XP.

problem is I also deleted all old 'restore' dates as part of the clean up i did after SP-2 was installed.

I would like to re-install the indeo software.

can someone please help with instructions or, in the alternative point me to the thread where this has already been discussed.

Home User XP-Pro-SP-2.

thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to recover my Indeo software?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to recover my Indeo software?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: How to recover my Indeo software?
by Mark5019 / September 23, 2004 8:48 AM PDT
Collapse -
How to recover my Indeo software?
by dawillie / September 23, 2004 9:50 AM PDT

thanks Mark.
I don't mind paying for it, but believe it is on my XP operating disc and was hoping someone would tell me how to restore just that part of the disc.
david

Collapse -
by Mark5019 / September 23, 2004 9:56 AM PDT

how about exploring your disk for that software insert disk and open it?

Collapse -
by Cetin Denislam / September 24, 2004 12:29 AM PDT

Unfortunately, for SP2 the below Q327979 download file won't install.

However, it can be installed for SP1. In SP1 the indeo codec was not included. Probable the download was a gift for some gamers authors that used that codec, including MS itself.

I?ll include the Q327979 download page only for reference because it's not easy to locate it at downloads site.

Q327979 download page.

However, goto the following page and see if it helps you.

Good Luck,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.