Question

How to recover an HT-TX35 after unsuccessful firmware update

Hello, i tried to update the firmware of my HT-TX 35 dvd player but everything froze during the update.
I took the player to Samsung service and they told me to change the motherboard???
The service attendant told me he has done exactly the same thing as i did i.e trying to update the frimware via usb stick. I believe this is wrong the dvd player is already dead and the eprom should be reflashed, and they must have special devices for that.
The service attendant told me that they don't own one of those, so what happens if i have a power failure during a code update, buy a new motherboard, nonsense

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: How to recover an HT-TX35 after unsuccessful firmware update
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How to recover an HT-TX35 after unsuccessful firmware update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
One thing.

I can't disagree with service on this as I write firmware upadater apps and it's a minefield. But there is one idea worth exploring. Does this dvd player offer a way to update via a CD?

If so, try that.
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: One thing
- Collapse -
dvd tray does not open

thanks Bob, the problem is when i switch on the unit it says loading and the dvd tray does not open and i can't try uodate via cd. Is there anyway to manually open the cd tray?

- Collapse -
I didn't find a manual.

But look around for any eject hole like you see in other drives. (google dvd eject hole if you haven't seen such.)

My idea is a long shot. But you always want to try it if you can.
Bob

- Collapse -
can't eject

nope there is no eject hole. your idea was a brilliant one, actually it was my intention too . Samsung also offers update via cd , unfortunately tray does not open.
I have also tried resetting to factory defaults by pressing the stop button for 5 secs .

anyway thanks for your suggestions Bob

- Collapse -
Oww.

It seems some company needs to think about this area. It's been a basic feature of optical drives since I first saw them in 1980 something.
Bob

CNET Forums