Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

How to record MP3 in a random mode on a CD/DVD?

Hello,

I just purchased a mini Onkyo CS-V720S DVD/Receiver, and I really like it. It has one problem and that it does not play my MP3 CD or MP3 DVD randomly. So I would like to record my MP3 randomly on CD or DVD. I have been looking for a program that does that, but I have not found one.

Do you know of any or how to record MP3 randomly on a CD.?

I really do need this, so I am seeking your help in this.

Thank you so much.

Mo:-)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to record MP3 in a random mode on a CD/DVD?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to record MP3 in a random mode on a CD/DVD?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I googled that and here's a link.

In reply to: How to record MP3 in a random mode on a CD/DVD?

Collapse -
Thanks Bob,

In reply to: I googled that and here's a link.

Thanks Bob,

the program that you have mentioned takes MP3 and record it on CD as Wav and not as MP3.

Collapse -
I'll look again this afternoon. Sorry.

In reply to: Thanks Bob,

I thought it was close, but alas, no cigar.

I'll look again later. I've tracked this discussion to remind me.

Bob

Collapse -
Ok, the SHUFFLE feature of DJ Twist and Burn (link)

In reply to: Thanks Bob,

Collapse -
Winamp

In reply to: How to record MP3 in a random mode on a CD/DVD?

I use Winamp to make my playlist. Then drag and drop the play list in Nero. Works great.

Collapse -
create random songs

In reply to: Winamp

order by size by date or something different.
Rename all files by having changed the file names.
record.

In nero you can do this inside the program itself without changing the names on the original files.

It will only give you a few different orders but at least is something.

I also have been looking for ages for a decent DVD player with random

Collapse -
If you haven't found it by now.

In reply to: create random songs

It will likely never happen. The days of CD/DVD media are now closing as there is little need when a memory stick can hold all that and is solid state without the issues of the player and more.

But how to politely put this so the consumer does not explode?
Bob

Collapse -
usb with shuffle

In reply to: If you haven't found it by now.

I haven't seen a thumbdrive that has a shuffle function.
So even if I had a dvd player with usb I couldn plug it into my dvd player but I still cant play random!

I really want a clean system, everything is rack size. the idea to me of having to have a phone size unit on top of everything to play music when I have a dvd player doesn't make any sense to me.

Collapse -
Sense or not.

In reply to: usb with shuffle

The market is driven by what will sell by the tens of thousands if not more. You have something very specific you want and as you know that solution is on the way out. If you find it, buy it fast.

But I take it that you are not into the technology with your last reply. The USB drive does not have the shuffle but the device it plugs into would have that.

The difference is subtle but could confuse many.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.