Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

how to press a shortcut key Ctrl+W under given criteria.

by omairhe / August 31, 2010 1:09 AM PDT

Hi.
I run google chrome and i see google chrome not shutdown properly with a restore button on top. Only way i can think of is press Ctrl+W to make it go away with keyboard.. with mouse u can simly click close button but not interested in this way.
So my question is .. is there a way whenver google chrome run after 1 second of time a hotkey automatically sends key Ctrl+W??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how to press a shortcut key Ctrl+W under given criteria.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how to press a shortcut key Ctrl+W under given criteria.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not sure what you mean.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 31, 2010 9:08 PM PDT

"is there a way whenver google chrome run after 1 second of time a hotkey automatically sends key Ctrl+W?"

Would that not close Chrome immediately? If so, why open it?

Mark

Collapse -
Reply:
by omairhe / September 4, 2010 6:27 AM PDT

thanks for taking time on this. Actually I have microxp installed in this laptop and whenever i click log off on it somehow automatically logs me again after closing explorer and applications.. (kind of like a quick restart) However the quick restart also shuts down chrome improperly.
I have already 2 pages set to be running whenever chrome starts. So the Ctrl+w will turn off the first tab of the two tabs. thus remains the second tab. Doing this will remove the annoying Restore Bar that appears in first tab.

Idea here is that both the tabs open same page and close the one with Restore Bar on top due to improper shut down.
So its all about removing the restore bar that appears on top of chrome after improper restart.
Hope i explained it clear..

Collapse -
Just a note about microxp
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 4, 2010 9:07 PM PDT
In reply to: Reply:

That's a stripped down version of XP, often available through torrents or other pirate sites. I am doubtful it is officially available from Microsoft.

If you're talking about a pirated OS then any further help ends here. Forum Policy forbids it.

If this is some 'official' OS, then being the stripped down version is going to work differently and be missing a few things.

Mark

Collapse -
Yes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 31, 2010 11:09 PM PDT

I won't offer any tutorials but if you research AUTOIT you find a very smart system to automate such things.
Bob

Collapse -
Reply:
by omairhe / September 4, 2010 6:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes.

Thanks.. I'll give it a try.

Collapse -
Another note about microxp.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 4, 2010 9:10 PM PDT
In reply to: Reply:

It looks to be the usual cracked XP. This discussion is locked because of that as we can't discuss such a thing.

I'll part that a few I know who tried them always asked me how to fix the oddest things. Since I didn't run such an OS I often had no clue how to fix it.

But my thought is that what ever they did in changing/modifying that OS is a source of trouble.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?