How To forum

Question

how to play itunes movie on samsung infuse

by joyce333 / September 1, 2011 2:14 PM PDT

Now add some detail so that smart CNET users (like you!) can answer. If you're lucky, a CNET editor might choose your topic for a How To article or video.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how to play itunes movie on samsung infuse
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how to play itunes movie on samsung infuse
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
samsung infuse digital movies
by joyce333 / September 1, 2011 2:43 PM PDT

joyce333 here,
i have a disney digital copy movie dwnloaded into itunes, when i use usb mass storage to transfer movie to external sdcard on samsung infuse it seems to go smoothly. After safely removed usb, i power off cell and power on, check sdcard and shows a 1.16gb as 'used'. When i go to the video player and select movie listed it shows 0.00 content? When i click on movie to play it says 'unable to play". Help! ATT didn't know either, samsung doesn't have this listed...Any ideas? Thanks in advance, joyce333

Collapse -
Re: digital copy movie
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 1, 2011 5:34 PM PDT

Might be copy protected. Then we can't help.
Might be a format that's not recognized by the samsung. Then you need to convert it to a supported type.

Kees

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
What I use to convert and how I figure it out.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 2, 2011 1:57 AM PDT

I have a few Android things and I use HANDBRAKE. (see google)

To figure out what settings to use I either just try it or google HANDBRAKE SETTINGS and add my device to the search.

If the content is protected, it never works.
Bob

Collapse -
by joyce333 / September 2, 2011 3:02 AM PDT

thanks for the replies, hope i can figure this out. I'm a newbie smartphone - infuse is my first. For some reason i thought if i bought a dvd with a extra digital copy and put it on my computer it would work on my infuse! Nothing is easy is it! The movie drags and drops into my ipod nano just fine, thought it would be same as my itunes music drags into infuse just fine....Guess i have more reading to do. I just glanced at handbrake, looks over my head. But will read up. So - question - if my next movie i buy comes with a digital copy i should not download into itunes but maybe something that likes my infuse? Not sure if disney gives me that choice....oh well. I would really like to have nightmare before xmas on my phone so it's worth investigating cause i've worn out 3 normal dvd's of it.....Thanks forum - i'll keep checking forum posts..

Collapse -
You bring up a good point.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 2, 2011 3:06 AM PDT

I find the Android to much like my PC. I have to fiddle and learn more to do more stuff on it.

The Apple stuff? Not much fiddling.
Bob

Collapse -
by joyce333 / September 2, 2011 1:38 PM PDT

I think i'm just gonna watch my movie on ipod nano - put my glasses on! I really think the others on forum had it right that it's somehow copy protected. The itunes/amazon music isn't but since Samsung has a 'media hub' site for movies that that is where i need to purchase digital movies to work on infuse. Thats gonna be my next adventure but not this holiday weekend. Thanks everyone, will post when i'm successful!! or more issues......

Collapse -
You didn't reply to the suggestion
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / September 3, 2011 12:40 AM PDT

that you use Handbrake to format the video for your device.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.