Question

how to monitor multiple internet connections usage ??

how to monitor multiple(2) internet connections usage on a single computer simultaneously..i.e. both bandwidth usage at the same time!!!???
have tried Networx...but it isn't allowing to monitor 2 connections at the same time!!
i use windows 7 ult x64..
plz help!!
thnx.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: how to monitor multiple internet connections usage ??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: how to monitor multiple internet connections usage ??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
What do you mean with "connections"?

- Connection from your PC to ISP? Quite uncommon to use two simultaneously.
- Programs using Internet? That makes some sense: receiving mail in your email client while browsing.

Kees

- Collapse -
detailed description

detailed description:
i have an usb modem and a 3g enabled mobile phone.
i am using two different sim cards (one in each).
i have made internet recharges in both of them but they are both limited to 6GB of internet usage.
now i want to connect to internet from both of them at the same time from a single computer.
since they do not allow unlimited amount of data transfer so i will have to monitor them in real-time.
if this is clear...!!!!

now plz help me...how to monitor their internet usage!!!!

- Collapse -
As far as I know ...

you can only use one connection at the same time. So before seeing if you can measure them, I'd try if you can get it working. If not, you're limited to using the one the first half of the month and the other the second half of the month.

Kees

- Collapse -
made multiple conections

i was successful in running two different internet connections in my laptop running windows 7 ult x64.
made changes in random adapter registry too...everything worked...
just couldnt monitor the both individually at the same time!!!

- Collapse -
I see.

But I don't know a program that can do what you want. The 2 suggestions I have:
1. Use them serially, not parallel.
2. Rely on your ISP's counters.

Kees

- Collapse -
Answer
any solution???

does anyone else have any solution for this???

- Collapse -
I can't tell what you tried.

While there are some counters in Windows, I can't tell if you know how to use them or apps like NetLimiter.
Bob

CNET Forums