Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

How to make an wireless LAN for multiple users

by shadow_phoenix_pt / July 23, 2008 9:05 PM PDT

Hello

Let me explain the situation. I am trying to create a wireless network for a small building where several non related ppl live. The owner of the building wants to provide internet to all the tenants but whants to garantee that there is only one account per person. I suggested mac address filtering, but since the tenants change very frequently, it is not feasable.

I have an N 300Mb D-link router and a cheap computer with windows server 2008 to use as a server. I configured the computer and I have two connections, one connecting to a small wired Lan (wich provides the internet ) and another to wireless router (wich works fine). I can get Internet in my laptop trough wireless if I bridge the two connections I spoke about in Windows server, but I see no way to provide the user control that my friend requires.

So does anyone has any idea of how to go around this? I have been tinkering with the evaluation version of wingate, without success. Also, the solution must be simple to maintain, since I don't want to called upon every time a new user needs to be added.

Thank you for your time.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to make an wireless LAN for multiple users
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to make an wireless LAN for multiple users
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try..
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 23, 2008 9:51 PM PDT
Collapse -
Chilliwave 6.20
by wifi4u2 / September 13, 2010 10:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Try..

The Wifigator software is now obsolete. It has been replaced by Chilliwave. They are scheduled to stop selling the Billing software so you may want to check it out. www.chilliwave.com

Collapse -
Thank you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 13, 2010 10:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Chilliwave 6.20

The world spins at about 1,000 MPH and it doesn't take long for things to change.
Bob

Collapse -
Erratum
by yzy-oui-fi / October 5, 2010 1:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Chilliwave 6.20

Wrong! Wifigator is not obsolete!
It hasn't be replace by Cilliwave.
Chilliwave is a stripped pack containing a bad copy of Wifigator and openmesh dashboard stollen code.

If you are looking for Wifigator go to the Wifigator owner website (www.wifigator.com).

Do not read blindly Chuck Dejarnett Announcement. This guys is not anymore WFG team member. Happy

Chilliwave is not 802.11N compliant! and as Wifi adhoc type do not support 802.11N, Chlliwave will never manage a Real 300 mbps (nodes to nodes) bandwidth network kind.

Wifigator is working on a 802.11N network dashboard(without stoling codes from competitors) in order to stay at high level technology. It will be released soon keep an eye at Wifigator.com. Wink

Collapse -
I didn't know that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 5, 2010 3:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Erratum

As to the adhoc mode, that one is well discussed. It is what it is.
Bob

Collapse -
Chilliwave Hotspot Billing Software
by Chuck_DeJarnett / October 13, 2010 3:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Erratum

Since my name has been brought up here, I will respond to this personally.. This yzy-oui-fi is Francois Morize, who is a hacker in France that assisted one of my php programmers, Loren Wolsiffer, in stealing the domain name and server code for Wifi Gator and now they are defrauding the public into thinking they own my business..

If you google my name, "Chuck DeJarnett Wifi Gator", you will see that I am the one who developed the entire wifi gator system and it belongs to my company Oregon MicroScience Corp... period..

After Loren and Francois here pulled their scam on all of you, I immediately dumped the entire wifigator name and started a new company, rebuilt everything from the ground up, and completely obsoleted the wifi gator program.. Dumped it like a hot potato...

If you want to do business with some hackers in France, and do not mind dealing with dishonest people, then Wifi Gator might be for you.. You can tell by his writing above that he has about a 3rd grade education, which should be your first clue.

I have built the next generation of wifi billing software and taken a quantum leap ahead of what these people are capable of, in order to put as much distance between them and myself and moved on.. The new system is called "Chilliwave" as mentioned above..

Google my name and you will find that in the wifi billing business, all roads lead to Chuck DeJarnett.. I have been developing this system since wifi first came out over seven years ago.. Honesty, integrity, and a system that really works are what me to where I am today, and I look forward to assisting any of you who are serious about your wireless networking business with getting it up and running, or migrating you over from these other sham software packages, all of which are some derivative my previous works in one form or another..

For more information on the Chilliwave Wifi Hotspot Billing Software, feel free to contact me at http://www.chilliwave.com

I will look forward to working with you as you go forward with your wireless networking business..

Thanks,
Chuck DeJarnett
Pres. Oregon Microscience Corp. & MogulWi LLC
chilliwave.hotspots@gmail.com

Collapse -
Thanks for the update.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 13, 2010 3:42 AM PDT

Let's consider this thread closed.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?