Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

How to layer resizing in adobe photoshop CS.

by seabreezeh / July 31, 2007 4:04 AM PDT

I am so new to the CS version , currently I can click and resize the layer in Photoshop 7 but not CS .Would anyone help me please ?
Many many thanks in advance

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to layer resizing in adobe photoshop CS.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to layer resizing in adobe photoshop CS.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Resize the layer?
by grimgraphix / August 2, 2007 2:59 AM PDT

Are you trying to resize an image or a canvas size?

or...

Are you wanting to resize a selection on a layer or a complete layer itself, while leaving the image size and canvas size alone?

grim

Collapse -
the layer individually
by seabreezeh / August 3, 2007 6:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Resize the layer?

Each of the layer individual , I am so new to this stuff, I am still in my learning curve. I am more familiar with Adobe 7 then CS version , in photoshop 7 I can click on any particular layer , and I can drag the arrow and resize it but I don't see arrow in CS . Please help me ..
many thanks in advance .

Collapse -
It all boils down to selection.
by grimgraphix / August 5, 2007 7:00 AM PDT
In reply to: the layer individually

In order to resize anything in any version of Photoshop, you must select the object to be resized. In this case you want to resize a whole layer?

How about this.

Select the layer in the layers palette (CS3 calls it a "panel" now).

Next, select the whole layer using your Rectangular Marquee tool.

Then, select one of the options from the Edit > Transform drop down menu or use the Free Transform option.

Is this helpful?

Cheers

grim

Collapse -
many many thanks
by seabreezeh / August 6, 2007 12:14 AM PDT

Hi grim ,
I am so new to this forum ( or any other forum )but I find it really helpful and fun . It's so wonderful to have an awesome 'teacher in house' like you . I am so new to the whole graphic thing , but I am more than willing to learn .I recently joined the photoshop user , hope it will help . I already bought the CS3 and on its way here . I will follow your direction , and will let you know .
BTW, since I am a very beginner in this field , what books would you recommend for great tutorial both CS3 and illustrator CS ? ALL your helps are deeply appreciated .
Until then , have a fabulous day
Van Go

Collapse -
Classroom in a book from Adobe...
by grimgraphix / August 6, 2007 10:46 AM PDT
In reply to: many many thanks
Collapse -
thank you for the recommendation annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndd
by seabreezeh / August 7, 2007 6:31 AM PDT

Hi Grim ,
You're NOT ONLY a good human being , you also have a great sense of humor . Thank you for bringing a smile to my face ( actually many many of them .) Oh no , that means I need a face lift soon ? Do you have any recommendation for this matter without going to the surgeon?
Enjoy your days,
tata teacher Grim Wink

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.