Cameras forum

General discussion

How to include date and time on photos to be printed?

by yonsi / November 5, 2005 6:09 AM PST

I got an Olympus D-540Zoom and date and time cannot be imprinted on my photos when printed by a Photo Lab,no matter what I do in DPOF settings,but my sister-in-law's Sony Cybershot either a DSC-P73s or 93A can everytime we took the photos to be printed.The date or time are imprinted in red on her prints.Can anyone suggest anything?I'm now buying a Kodak Z740 5MP @ 10X Optical Zoom,which according to it's manual, it has a Date/Stamp option to include dates imprinted on your photos.I believe Samsung cameras also has this facility,which is very attractive indeed,why other manufacturers makes it hard for this great and wonderful feature to be included in all Digital Cameras as a Default not an option,beats me.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Sincerely yonsi

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to include date and time on photos to be printed?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to include date and time on photos to be printed?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Date and Time
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / November 5, 2005 8:16 AM PST

This is not a feature of the photo lab but a feature of the camera.

Not all cameras have this feature.

But remember.......it is permanent.
Once you turn that feature on and take photos with it on, the date is included in those photo files as part of the picture. It can not be removed later.

Collapse -
Re Date and Time
by yonsi / November 5, 2005 2:10 PM PST
In reply to: Date and Time

Thanks for reply,yes I agree,but one can turn the feature on and off via the camera's setup etc as outlined in some camera's manuals.Now I know that it cannot be done with the camera my wife bought,Olympus D-540Zoom/C-310Zoom,thats why I am buying the Kodak Z-740 hi,thanks again,cheers.

Collapse -
Date on photos...
by Papa Echo / November 5, 2005 9:24 PM PST

Have you requested that the date be printed ? Did the lab-people said that the date cannot be printed ? Perhaps they can tell why that is so. The photo properties are usually embeded in the photo file (time taken, camera make and model, camera settings, etc.). If you upload the photos to your computer and open them up with a photo editing program, the file properties will show the details.) Does your camera have date settings ? If so, the date should be available.

Collapse -
Re Date on Photos
by yonsi / November 11, 2005 5:21 AM PST
In reply to: Date on photos...

Sorry for delay in replying and many thanks for responding to my question.Yes I ask the retail photo printingservice to check if they can print the date or time on the photos I took but they said it should be setup wthin the camera itself.my Olympus D-40Zoom [C-310Zoom here in Australia] appears to have no such facility only in the DPOF settings which I did set,but the photolab cannot print out any dates etc,anyway I am also buying a new Pentax Optio 60 which according to it's manual,it has a date imprint facility to turn it on or off.Kodak and Samsung also has this options.

You have a good day and cheers for now.

Rgds

yonsi

Collapse -
Re Date on Photos
by yonsi / November 11, 2005 5:30 AM PST
In reply to: Re Date on Photos

Correction to my Olympus Model,should read D-540Zoom,
not D-40Zoom sorry mistype error.thanks to all those who responded,it's a great help to know and learn more about Digital Cameras.I will keep checking this forum info etc.
Cheers

yonsi

Collapse -
Date on Photos
by steveh_1957 / November 12, 2005 1:25 AM PST
In reply to: Re Date on Photos

If it isn't possible to have the date added by the printing facility you can do it yourself with many utility software products. A freeware product which allows you to add the date and time to your digital files can be acquired at www.xnview.com

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.