Samsung forum

Resolved Question

How to get viewster to work right

by Ralphv12 / February 20, 2015 10:07 AM PST

I own a Samsung un55hu8550 TV and viewster app won't let me change the volume when I'm watching a movie can't raise or lower or even mute any help would be appreciated.have called Samsung and they tell me it's the app

Ralphv12 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to get viewster to work right
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to get viewster to work right
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by Ralphv12

Collapse -
I'm surprised they didn't tell all.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 20, 2015 10:25 AM PST

Apps that are not written by Samsung are well, not something they can fix. Is there anything more to this like a soundbar?

But Viewster holds the code and needs to know it's broken.
Bob

Collapse -
Viewster
by Ralphv12 / February 20, 2015 1:50 PM PST

How do I get in touch with viewster? I have my Denon reciever only digital optical cable it works fine from the TV don't like to use it unless I have to. Was given a phone no. by Samsung it was to somebody in Ca.they said they pass on the info, that was 2 weeks ago

Collapse -
Good question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 20, 2015 11:43 PM PST
In reply to: Viewster

It's going to be interesting to see how TV makers deal with apps that don't work right.

As to finding Viewster's support, I tried google. Seems like they might be hiding.
Bob

Collapse -
Viewster
by Ralphv12 / February 21, 2015 1:14 AM PST
In reply to: Good question.

Thanks for the help. If I turn the volume up before I enter the app I can hear it. Netflix is much better anyway even AMAZON instant video is better. I don't know how they stay in business or don't care one way or the other, there's much better apps out there!

Collapse -
Actually I have a theory on that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 21, 2015 1:25 AM PST

It's not about the end user or consumer at all. It's about getting the app out to everything then revenue is via ads or media that pays them. The clue here is their own words "No Sign Up or Fees."

This has been kicked around a lot (read from https://www.google.com/#q=you+are+the+product ) so there's that.

I've found this and Crackle to be buggy across platforms. Quality isn't the goal here.
Bob

Collapse -
Apps
by Ralphv12 / February 21, 2015 3:04 AM PST

Yes crackle is horrible, it goes to commercial then won't restart. I gave up on them!

Collapse -
Viewster
by Viewster_Support / February 23, 2015 4:40 PM PST

Hi guys,
We are sorry to hear that our app causes some trouble.
We would like to help you out and look into the matter.
Please submit a support ticket here: http://viewster.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new and describe the problem you have as detailed as possible.
Thank you.
Viewster Support.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.