Question

How to get Seiki TV out of Retail mode

Dec 27, 2012 12:48AM PST

I have a new Seiki TV LED HDTV SE322FS (Sears) and after going through the intial setup wizard, I think I may have it in the "retail" mode, i.e. very bright colors, etc. Also, some menu items are unavailable, "greyed out" ("Picture - Tint" and "Setup - Advanced" can be seen but are greyed out and can't use).

In the intital setup, there was a step to select "retail" or "home" mode and I may have not set it correctly to home mode. Now I can't find a way to get back to the intial setup to correct. Have tried the following suggested by Seiki cust service, with no success: (1) Menu - Setup - Restore Defaults - Yes - Enter; and (2) Unplug TV and antenna overnite, and see if inital setup wizard restarts. Neither worked.

I've noticed on Internet there are various special methods involving certain remote key combinations to get to the Initial setup for other TV brands, but have not found for the Seiki brand.

Does anyone know how to get to the Intial Setup Wizard so I can select the home mode, or any other way to convert to the home mode? Thanks!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How to get Seiki TV out of Retail mode
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How to get Seiki TV out of Retail mode
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Have you found an answer?
Feb 7, 2013 7:20AM PST

I have the same problem. The Advanced options are greyed out. I have a 40in LED Seiki TV. Were you able to figure out how to get to these settings?

- Collapse -
Seiki LED TV - No Tint Control on LED
Feb 7, 2013 10:17PM PST

I received an answer from Seiki that for the LED models, in the TV mode the Tint and Advanced options are not available. I did notice that they are available in some of the other modes (like DVD inputs).

I now don't believe I was in retail mode - I now think retail mode just applies certain settings, which you can change, but as I said, Tint and Advanced are simply not available.

Based on looking at other brands, it seems that LED models generally do not have Tint control in TV mode. I don't know why.

I even tried exchanging for the same model I had, and still did not like the color, so I got a non-LED TV.

- Collapse -
Help
Jan 1, 2016 11:50PM PST

Commenting cause I have the same problem how dose it get fixed

- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Locking in the settings?
Jan 23, 2017 6:09AM PST

Accessing and adjusting the service settings are a breeze, and exiting the menu via the menu button is the preferred method.
But has anyone actually figured out how to keep the settings once changed???..I change them and exit but go back to the old settings?...I've tried powering off to no avail, and there appears to be no way of locking in the changes.
Anyone???....???

- Collapse -
Answer
Seiki service menu
Sep 9, 2013 10:25PM PDT

To get service menu mode on Seiki TV press on remote control - MENU - 0000 - Enjoy!
In this service menu you can change TV mode.
Be carefull with other settings from service menu!!! Better do not change anything what you didn't understand!

- Collapse -
Seiki service mode
Sep 18, 2014 2:12AM PDT

Appreciate your post on how to enter Seiki service mode. MENU-0000-. After entering this mode how do you get back out of it? (Turn the TV off and on?) I've serviced TV's in the past and have used service modes on different models and makes. I have a 40 inch Seiki, LED, and I want to turn down the "blue drive" a bit. Are the individual color controls available in the service mode?

Thank you very much.

- Collapse -
Good question, unanswered!
Aug 12, 2016 2:59PM PDT

Wow. What a great post and question. I have done a quick search myself and unfortunately it seems there is not a whole lot of information going around google these days on this specific TV (Seiki HD tv's- only the 4k's). I actually created an account here specifically because of this post. I own a Seiki 60" and would love to mess with those greyed out areas. I was going to try the menu 000 thing until I read your post. The entirety of "How do I get out" set's heavy with me and I'm not an advanced user of messing with tv's, I really do not want to screw this thing up. It's unfortunate no one has answered and I highly doubt you will even read this post due to how long ago it was posted. I did see questions have been asked and posted this year on the topic so I thought it to be okay to reply.

I searched youtube and also no help. If anyone has explanations of what can be done in the service mode of this t.v. please let me know. I would love to learn about the service mode and to post a youtube video on the subject for those of us that are still lacking a seiki 4K.

- Collapse -
(NT) wow, you responded to an old post
Aug 12, 2016 3:41PM PDT
- Collapse -
Locking in the settings
Jan 23, 2017 7:20AM PST

How do you lock in the changes?...To keep them from reverting back to original factory settings...There doesn't appear to be this option.

CNET Forums

Forum Info