Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

How to Get a Backlink After Google Penguine Update?

by seorise / July 10, 2012 9:59 PM PDT

I have face some problem after 24 April 2012 when Google update Penguin Algorithm, I have not get single back different works such relevant Directory, social bookmarks, blog comments, web 2.0 any body tell what is my problem, & How to recover this problem.

thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to Get a Backlink After Google Penguine Update?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to Get a Backlink After Google Penguine Update?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Backlinks
by alphaomegalady / July 11, 2012 2:15 PM PDT

I don't know what you're actually asking but you can create backlinks that come from high PR website, few directories like Google, Yahoo, dmoz; don't do the link wheel techniques which are prone to be penalized bu Google.

Collapse -
Tickle it!
by KenHusveg / July 11, 2012 2:25 PM PDT

You have to tickle the Penguin behind the ear...

Collapse -
Penguin
by Andreas_T / July 12, 2012 12:14 PM PDT

Write original content, and you will it have to worry about penguin.

Collapse -
Your site need fresh content, onpage seo and good backlinks.
by Monikacdn / August 2, 2012 9:19 PM PDT

Google Penguin updates really helpful to us to show our mistake that we have done in seo. I think your site get affected with April 2012 updates and for this you can do following activities:

1) Create fresh, informative and unique content for your site.
2) Perform site analysis with Google web master tool and with other site analysis tools and perform onpage seo according to new Google updates
3) Try to get quality backlinks with different anchor text.
4) Use long tail keywords

Hope these all things help you..

Collapse -
to recover from penguine
by meoma / August 3, 2012 5:02 PM PDT

You should have to change your content and pls avoid keyword stuffing and then build quality links from blogs forums and social bookmarking sites.

Collapse -
new to internet
by gerrigale / August 13, 2012 11:15 AM PDT

This is probably going to seem like a strange comment but, every time I ask about back links where to get the good ones , noone has a real answer. We all know you should blog, add name of your company to as many directories as you can, join high pr forums. But my question is this, why does one back link count more than the other,everyone keeps talking but I still can't seem to get an answer I can understand. I really do not think anyone knows . Anybody got a good book to read on subject of back links that is GOOD. Much appreciated.

Collapse -
Backlinks
by alphaomegalady / September 3, 2012 6:25 PM PDT
In reply to: new to internet

One back link counts more than other if it comes from high authority site or site that has high page rank and alexa ranking.

Collapse -
Are backlinks really that important?
by marchest / September 8, 2012 3:46 PM PDT

I am new to SEO, and all I've been hearing about are backlinks. Isn't having a good product to sell, or useful information the most important factor??

Collapse -
mix types of your backlinks
by chrisnpi / September 10, 2012 7:45 PM PDT

You should mix types of your backlinks - so get it from guest posts, comments, forums, press releases and even article directories. But focus on quality, not quantity Wink
Chris

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!