Windows 7 forum

Question

how to full screen my laptop

I have windows 7. I'm a computer dunce, the stip across the bottom of the screen has start, explorer, volume control battery time and date. perfect. but about 1.5 inches at the top is taken up with the icons for home toolbar setting a little box with minimize restore and x button plus little boxes that tell you where you are on web and then another strip that that has file edit view favorite's tools help another toolbar with search. another star with my page and E suggested sights, web slice gallery is there anyway to consolidate these so I get more of my screen for what I am working on im losing about 1.5 inches of screen and so I cant at times see the whole page I am working on help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how to full screen my laptop
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how to full screen my laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: full screen

In reply to: how to full screen my laptop

Are you talking about the screen in your browser? If so, what browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome)? Or on your desktop or in MS Word?

That strip across the bottom, by the way, is called the 'taskbar'. I know some people (especially if they have a 16:9 screen in stead of the old 4:3 screen) who have dragged it from the bottom to the left side of the screen. Maybe you like that position also?

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
desktop bars

In reply to: how to full screen my laptop

tough to tell you without a screen shot. sounds like you have some sort of browser toolbar or gadget. If you did not put it there, you may want to uninstall it or disable it if browser addon. If you want the features, without knowing exactly what toolbar is its, generally speaking, you may not be able to move any of the features to the task bar (bar across the bottom)

one thing to note, if you want screen space, you can hide your task bar so it will only appear when you move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen. Just right click it, unlock it and change the settings or properties. You may also be able to do the same with the bar across the top. Look for its settings and see.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.