Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Computer Help forum

General discussion

How to fix errors on websites

by Jenny Flex / July 26, 2009 12:46 AM PDT

Hi,
I have been trying for some time to remove/ fix errors from a website I am trying to view. It seems to be only on one website where this error occurs and I have contacted other people to see if this website is working for them and it is. Clearly it must be settings on my PC; I used to roll back my pc and this used to work, but it doesn't anymore!
My laptop runs on Vista and IE8, my PC tower runs on XP and IE8, both computers share the same internet connection but the same errors come up?
I have all the relevant updates from windows, adobe and java but still the problem remains.
I have even installed firefox but the website doesn't work properly on there either!
The main problem is it is unable to download 2 items (size box and basket amount box) the error is "Access Denied" and occasionally "permission denied".
I have included a link to a picture to illustrate this problem:
http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac12/WIFFWAFF/error.png

Can anyone help me to solve this? I have tried everything from free registry cleaners to system roll backs and still no joy!
Thanking all helpers in advance. :o)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to fix errors on websites
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to fix errors on websites
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You can't
by Jimmy Greystone / July 26, 2009 1:01 AM PDT

You can't fix issues with websites not displaying correctly for the most part. All you can do is complain to the author(s) of the site and hope they will care enough to fix it.

Collapse -
but...
by Jenny Flex / July 26, 2009 1:29 AM PDT
In reply to: You can't

But no one else I know is having any issues with this website, it just seems to be me! :o(

Collapse -
Then ask what's different.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 26, 2009 2:03 AM PDT
In reply to: but...

I see you are using a very new Internet Explorer. Try firefox.
Bob

Collapse -
Firefox
by Jenny Flex / July 26, 2009 2:11 AM PDT

Thanks, but I have already tried this and Firefox seems to encounter the same problems. :o(

Collapse -
PS. I see IE is in protected mode too.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 26, 2009 2:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Firefox

Your complaint is not a new one. But it is an error on the site after looking for the third time. Notice that IE let's you ignore those errors.

Collapse -
you're not the only one
by bigyellowbus / September 1, 2009 4:15 PM PDT
In reply to: but...

This is the error I get:
Error: Permission denied for <http://a.photobucket.com> to call method Location.toString on <http://smg.photobucket.com>
My prob is that if I import my photos set @ medium, they show up too small on ebay. If I import with the setting @ large, then I need to resize them, somewhere in between medium and large. I can only do one resize, then nothing happens, there is no picture, and the bottom reads done. I have the same prob in both firefox and ie. I have to hit refresh and clear the cache for an hour, then I edit the remaining 3 photos. I am at a loss on how to fix the problem.

Collapse -
It might help ...
by Kees Bakker / September 1, 2009 4:58 PM PDT

if you told the details, such as:
- on what site do you get this error
- what do you do to provoke the error
- what has eBay got to do with the story

Kees

Collapse -
more info
by bigyellowbus / September 1, 2009 5:06 PM PDT
In reply to: It might help ...

It happens @ photobucket and ebay, same problem, the photos dont load for viewing (ebay) or photobucket for editing. I did just read a solution @ firefox and was told to delete all of the exceptions under automatically load pictures. Just have to see if this is what the problem is. It also might be one of the firefox 3.5 speed-up tweeks. As far as IE, have no idea, except that its a java error for both browsers.

Collapse -
Re: java error
by Kees Bakker / September 2, 2009 5:02 AM PDT
In reply to: more info

Java errors are difficult, if not impossible to diagnose, if you don't have the source and a debugger. Try deleting all Java SDK occurrences from Control Panel>Add/Remove and install the latest one (version 6, update 16) from www.java.com. Then try again.

Kees

Collapse -
the problem is fixed
by bigyellowbus / September 2, 2009 5:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: java error

I found the problem, it was a setting with firefox

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!