Windows 7 forum

Question

How to Fix Error 037

Hiii...my operating system is (windows 7-64 bits-)...when I connect my camera to my hp PC, it does not recognize the camera although it used to do...on checking I get an indication that it is an Error 037....how can I fix this problem please?...thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to Fix Error 037
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to Fix Error 037
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Device driver error

In reply to: How to Fix Error 037

If connecting via USB, try other ports. Verify the port works by trying another USB device. If the ports check out properly, uninstall and reinstall the driver for the camera. If still no go, try the camera in another PC to verify that it works. You didn't give much in the way of details so I'll leave it at that. There is also system restore if you can point to a time this worked properly if the camera checks out.

Collapse -
How to Fix Error 037

In reply to: Device driver error

Hiii..Yes, I am connecting the camera ( Canon EOS 650 D) via USB and I have tried other ports but to no avail. I am reluctant to uninstall and reinstall the drivers of the camera as I don't know how to "reinstall " and fear that I may cause damage to the camera if I uninstall its drivers. I, however, carried out a test of the drivers of the camera and the pc searched the net for updates and informed me that the drivers are the latest. I tried to carry out "system restore" but the pc gives me only one date, which is the present date at the time I wanted to carry out the "restore"...I couldn't make it go back to an earlier date and I don't know how to make it do that...I am not conversant with pc repairs. I have no other pc to use it to verify the camera...thank you for your help and look forward to any further advice regarding resolving this problem...Best Regards.

Collapse -
That damage would be the first.

I've yet to see any camera damaged by driver removal or uninstall.

Now that we know it's an EOS 650D why not go old school and use a card reader?

As to reinstall, that's on the Canon site and a basic Windows skill you need to practice.
Bob

Collapse -
I like Bob's idea

From what I can find, these use SD memory cards and there are plenty of USB SD card readers out there for under 10 bucks. You should have more than one SD card anyway and managing these with a PC is much easier than doing so with the camera. Using a reader also eliminates one possible source for your problem.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.