HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows 8 forum

Question

How to fix conekeyapi64.dll removal

by Adrian123123 / March 13, 2015 3:57 AM PDT

Hello cnet-forum,

When I was recently screening my laptop for malware and such, I accidently deleted the following file conekeyapi64.dll (see screenshot), because I got tricked by a misleading website that claimed that this file is a Trojan. I later found out that it is linked to my audio driver "Conexant". After some weeks I now sometimes get a short screenfreeze (when clicking on the YouTube video fullscreen button for example) and the audio doesn't work anymore, sometimes also the whole video gets black or green (see second screenshot). I then have to restart the browser to watch it properly again (sometimes after some troubleshooting by windows, see screenshots). I also think that the bass-quality is somehow really bad now, but that's just what I think I can't really prove it. Should I now try do download this file and somehow place it in the folder where it belongs or delete my whole audio driver and install it again?

Thanks for your help,
Adrian

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to fix conekeyapi64.dll removal
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to fix conekeyapi64.dll removal
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
answer
by Adrian123123 / March 13, 2015 3:59 AM PDT

i am not able to upload screenshots here, sorry

Collapse -
I can. I use imgur. Example link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 13, 2015 4:02 AM PDT
In reply to: answer
Collapse -
I posted it in another forum
by Adrian123123 / March 13, 2015 4:16 AM PDT
Collapse -
While screenshots are good to see.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 13, 2015 4:22 AM PDT

I believe you without them. But without the full make and model I can't check to see if the audio driver is ready to fix it.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Your post left out a CRUCIAL detail.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 13, 2015 4:11 AM PDT

This might be part of the ASUS Conexant Audio Driver but I can't find which laptop it is. So I can't see if this is easy to solve with a trip the laptop maker's driver page.

Bob

Collapse -
It is part of Conexant SmartAudio
by Adrian123123 / March 13, 2015 4:18 AM PDT

that is my audio driver, Conexant SmartAudio HD

Collapse -
Sorry if I was unclear.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 13, 2015 4:24 AM PDT

Post the full make and model of the laptop. But it may be faster for you to head to the maker's site and get it done since you know your machine better than I do right now.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.