General discussion

how to download my video svp dv-8330

I need to download a 30 second video from my svp 8.0 megapixel that i just gopt from e bay model number dv 8330 that was 180.00usd and im making my first tries.it downloads the pictures but i cant download the videos taht the camera creates.can some one help me

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: how to download my video svp dv-8330
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: how to download my video svp dv-8330
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
DV-8330

There is little written information about SVP cameras.
They usually come with a few sheets of paper and no User Manual.

The most common mistake when trying to retrieve photos or movies from a camera - The camera must be in playback mode.
i.e. not in recording mode.

I would assume that the computer sees the camera as a hard drive...So use Windows Explorer or My Computer to look for a new hard drive when the camera is connected.

There have been some reports that the Norton AntiVirus program can prevent you from seeing files on your camera.

SVP's Website is here:

http://www.svp-tech.com/index.htm

- Collapse -
Uploading Video

What program are you attempting to open the video with? Have you tried opening the video in Windows Media Player? I found that I couldn't use QuickTime Player which my computer was using by default. I switched to Windows Media Player and it worked.

- Collapse -
edward

my name is edward and i apreciate those who answered my question about the new svp model number dv8330 and i see that the problem is that my computer is not recognizing another hard drive and i dont know why i already installed the software and i can download pictures but i cant download video or upload mp3 but i havent bought the sd memory card so i dont know if that has anithyng to do with my problem.

CNET Forums

Forum Info