Computer Newbies forum

Resolved Question

how to download for my computer to a cd

by de4jesus1 / November 1, 2011 2:44 PM PDT

I want to download pics from my computer onto a cd-r. How do I do it

de4jesus1 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how to download for my computer to a cd
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how to download for my computer to a cd
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by de4jesus1

Collapse -
Here are instructions for Roxio burner
by Edward ODaniel / November 2, 2011 5:03 AM PDT

but be aware that the actual steps may vary a little depending on the version you have.

http://www.cvm.ncsu.edu/cr/howto/Burn%20CD%20using%20ROXIO.htm

Making use of Window 7's drag and drop feature for burning a cd will result in a CD that is not finalized and thus unable to be used on o CD player or on many other computers. BURNING and finalizing the disk with dedicated burning software makes the CD-R disk readable by most all other CD reareds.

If it turns out that you actually do not have one of the Roxio CD/DVD burner applications you can download and install CDBurnerXP FREEWARE from this site and it has very specific instructions for burning cds:
http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

Collapse -
Answer
We need to know a few things . . .
by Coryphaeus / November 1, 2011 10:27 PM PDT

PC or Mac?

Operating System?

Do you have a burner drive and if so what?

XP and later have a built in burner program.

Collapse -
answers
by de4jesus1 / November 2, 2011 12:45 AM PDT

PC. Windows 7. Yes Roxio. I think. I'm not very good at this stuff. But, I follow directions explicitly. Thank you for asking. I didn't know I needed to put those down.

Collapse -
Re: Roxio
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 2, 2011 12:51 AM PDT
In reply to: answers

Could you be somewhat more specific? Roxio is a company with many programs: http://www.roxio.nl/nld/products/allproducts.html
So saying you have Roxy is like answering "General Motors" if they ask you what car you have.

But you're thinking in the right direction. Did you try the program already?

If the pics are on the CD, be sure to go to another PC and check its contents there. You should be able to see all pics by just clicking on them in Windows Explorer or Computer.

Kees

Collapse -
Roxio
by de4jesus1 / November 2, 2011 3:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Roxio

I don't know how Roxio works.

Collapse -
Link only.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 2, 2011 6:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Roxio
Collapse -
I have Roxio too
by volvogirl / November 3, 2011 3:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Roxio

If your Roxio version works the same way as mine, here are the steps to burn a cd or dvd.
Put a blank CD-R in the drive.
Start the Roxio Program
Click on "DATA" on the left side
Then on the DATA GUIDE screen click "DATA DISC"

Then click the ADD DATA button and look around for your pictures to add them to the CD. If they are all in one folder you can just add the folder.

The bottom left area shows how much room your pictures will take on the CD. When the folder or all your pictures are listed and will fit on your CD then click the bottom right button to Continue.

Collapse -
In W7 you drag and drop . . .
by Coryphaeus / November 2, 2011 3:02 AM PDT
In reply to: answers

You find the pictures on the PC hard drive and you drag them to the CD drive. Right click the CD drive and choose copy (or something like it).

Collapse -
Drag and drop
by de4jesus1 / November 2, 2011 3:25 AM PDT

How do you drag and drop? I'm not that knowledgeable. Please explain.

Collapse -
Link, comment
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 2, 2011 7:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Drag and drop
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?