General discussion

How to delete previous Google searches?

When I go to Google and enter the first letter of a search term, it brings up a list of all of my previous searches beginning with that letter. How do I delete all previous searches?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: How to delete previous Google searches?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How to delete previous Google searches?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Do you mean in the google search bar

if so..
Click on the word "google" on the tool bar, in the drop panel select "Option" then the "Search" tab - various option will be listed including keeping search history.
Within a search session, simply just click on the "google" tab in the tool bar and select "clear search history"
Peter

- Collapse -
delete button works also

You could also just click on the search bar and your previous searches will come up. You can press the delete button until they are gone. That is what I usually do...

- Collapse -
And in the Google Deskbar.....

Click the options arrow, and then click "Clear AutoComplete History".

- Collapse -
If its firefox

click tools>options>saved form information, you'll know what to do.

- Collapse -
oops

After tools>options, click on privacy, sorry bout that.

CNET Forums