General discussion

How to "create" an insurgent (terrorist)

Kill or injure a member of his/her/ family.

Whether intentionally, by collateral damage or friendly fire. It doesn't make any difference to the family members, all they see is a dead relative.

Just as some people today hold a grudge for generations and seem willing to kill anyone that belongs to the same race that did something to their relatives in the distant past.

The civilians in Iraq that have lost relatives are prime candidates to become insurgents.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/WarOnTerrorism/2004/11/04/700773-ap.html

FBI Director Robert Mueller expressed worry that a sleeper operative in the United States may have been in place for years, awaiting orders for an attack.

"I remain very concerned about what we are not seeing," Mueller said in remarks he submitted to the senators.

Those jihadists who survive will leave Iraq experienced in and focused on acts of urban terrorism. They represent a potential pool of contacts to build transnational terrorist cells, groups and networks," Goss said.

Sometimes "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How to "create" an insurgent (terrorist)
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How to "create" an insurgent (terrorist)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
and the best way to solve

this is not to tie our hands with the prisinors, and at war stop telling the troops you cant do this or must treat them with dignity.
get info anyway you can

- Collapse -
Response

You do understand that I was not talking about prisoners, don't you?

I was talking about ordinary civilians that had "no axe to grind", "no prejudice against the coalition forces", "no hate for USA or any other country".

And this ordinary civilian has had a relative killed by a member of coalition forces by "friendly fire" or "collateral damage". Thus causing him/her to HATE and become a terrorist.

- Collapse -
i bet more civvies were killed by the insurgants

but we will see.as wetried to limit the deaths of inocents, can the insurgants say same nope so i think ill let this thread end here.

- Collapse -
how will "we" know

when the coalition forces don't tell how many civilians were killed.

- Collapse -
How would they know?

Do you think a pilot in a airplane attack could count the bodies and separate the good from the bad?

Ask a Democrat, they seem to know everything.

- Collapse -
well doubt you remember

we found a mass grave with 100,000 in it from the great leader saddam.

- Collapse -
I know that

Do you know how many were killed AFTER Sadam went in his spider hole?

As in during the liberation.

If not, why not?

Why won't "they" tell the numbers?

- Collapse -
i will say the insurgants kiiled the greatest

amount and if we killed a few thats what the price of freedom is.
ask all the iraqis who voted how the feel about it.

- Collapse -
A moderate response (from the Chronicle)
Destination, torture: Flying prisoners to nations with no human rights violates U.S. law and morality. (Chronicle login: semods4@yahoo.com; pw = speakeasy)

>>This mistreatment cannot be justified by the need to quickly gain information about terrorist activity. Harsh treatment only leads prisoners to say what they think their interrogators want to hear.<<

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!
- Collapse -
and if thats the cse then try again

you dont release them till there info turns out to be correct.
and that law is bs

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) How does that make us better (or different) than them?
- Collapse -
not the problem

we will live and get the info
i no it upsets you dave most of your kind lie down and let the warriors fight for you.
and we will continue to. just so you have the freedom to condemm the men who save you, its ironic to save the pc crowd.

to bad we can send the pc crowd away

- Collapse -
So would it also hold true, in regard to your statement of

"The civilians in Iraq that have lost relatives are prime candidates to become insurgents."

that the "civilians" in the United States that lost relatives due to terrorism are prime candidates to become insurgents, also?

We have always had wackos/crazies/extremists in the world (everywhere), and we always will have them. They always have some sort of excuse to justify their thoughts and behaviors. The statement that you made, IMO, is only one more justification to add to the list.

- Collapse -
Yes

That would be a safe assumption.

- Collapse -
Then I would say it is also a safe assumption

that this possible development (civilians becoming insurgents / victims taking matters into their own hands) is certainly not something new to the current war in Iraq, nor to our current Administration under President Bush.

We need to be aware of the possibility, obviously - but it's not a reason, IMO, to discontinue our war on terrorism.

- Collapse -
As long as the "war"

is directed at the correct terrorist.

It seems to me that bin Laden got placed on the "back burner"

- Collapse -
Re: bin Laden on the back burner

Ya' know, I have often wondered about that myself. I question whether we (military) are doing more than appears on the surface.

Not easy for "sneaky stuff" to be done these days, what with the media sticking their electronic noses into anything and every place - but I would like to think that we still have it in us (the sneakiness Wink

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to hear the news one of these days (soon would be nice) that we have the rotten ba$****, and we had never stopped seriously looking for him, but had only needed to do so more covertly than we had done initially.

Would love to see that headline Grin

- Collapse -
well as i havent seen nor heard

of any famially members of 911 bombing iraqis have you?

- Collapse -
Since you asked
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/03/25/1048354605500.html?oneclick=true

Echoes of Vietnam in tent grenade attack

A term that had nearly faded from America's lexicon has come rushing to the lips of soldiers as word spread that an Army sergeant was being held in the grenade attack on a command centre in Kuwait.

Outside the charred, blood-splattered tents, soldiers recalled hearing the suspect say as he was being led away: "You guys are coming into our countries and you're going to rape our women and kill our children."
- Collapse -
need to regester

ok that was a soldier i guess
was he a relitive of any one who died in 911?

- Collapse -
Response
http://www.post-gazette.com/World/20030324campattack0324P3.asp

A person doesn't HAVE to have a relative that is killed or injured to become a terrorist. All that has to be done is have something done to them that they don't like. By the government for example

There are many instances of terrorism in the US, Oklahoma Bomber and that sniper Malvo are a couple.
- Collapse -
well were talking present

and 911 victems i guess are not going over to irag, and afaganastan and setting bombs to kill iraqis, and afganis

- Collapse -
Maybe they realize

unlike bush and his lackeys, that Iraq had nothing to do with the 911 attack.

Dan

- Collapse -
How to create a terrorist:

?All this I have seen, and there was an applying of my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, [during] the time that man has dominated man to his injury.? (Ec 8:9)
?. . .Because sentence against a bad work has not been executed speedily, that is why the heart of the sons of men has become fully set in them to do bad.? (Ec 8:11)
?. . .There exists a vanity that is carried out on the earth, that there exist righteous ones to whom it is happening as if for the work of the wicked ones, and there exist wicked ones to whom it is happening as if for the work of the righteous ones. I said that this too is vanity.? (Ec 8:14)

A Black American wrote:
"What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up, like a raisin in the sun?
... Or does it explode?

Colorful; true; I've seen both just in my lifetime. But Hughes offered no solutions. Solomon did:

?. . .Although a sinner may be doing bad a hundred times and continuing a long time as he pleases, yet I am also aware that it will turn out well with those fearing the [true] God, because they were in fear of him. But it will not turn out well at all with the wicked one, neither will he prolong his days that are like a shadow, because he is not in fear of God.? (Ec 8:12-13)
?. . .The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the [true] God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole [obligation] of man. For the [true] God himself will bring every sort of work into the judgment in relation to every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad.? (Ec 12:13-14)
Regards, Doug in New Mexico

CNET Forums

Forum Info