General discussion

How to create a "locked" interactive PDF?

I'm trying to create an interactive PDF form in which the user can type in his/her *personal medical information* directly into the PDF, click a "check box" (next to legal language to act as his/her signature), click "submit", and the form will be emailed back to me. However, due to privacy laws, <b>I do NOT want the capability to edit the user's completed fields after I've received the user's form.</b>

I've successfully used Adobe Professional to create the form with text fields, a "reset" button, a "check box" (in addition to legal language) to act as the user's signature, and a "submit" button, <b>but my concern is that upon receiving the completed forms, I still have the capability to edit the user's information in the text fields</b> (with the exception of the check box feature which for some reason, once it's checked, cannot be unchecked unless the user clicks the "reset" button on the form).

<b>MY QUESTION IS: How do I make an interactive PDF form "locked" to all users (including the form author) after the user completes & submits the form? </b>

Also, I'll mention that I already know about the "digital signature" feature, but that's not an option for me since many of my users would not have that function set up on their computer (or they would become thoroughly confused by it! Happy).

Thanks in advance!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How to create a "locked" interactive PDF?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How to create a "locked" interactive PDF?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Just sharing how someone else solved it.

They put it on a web page that had a submit button. Said button would fire up some software on the server to create the final locked pdf.

Minor programming skills are required and maybe a little IT experience.

Bob

- Collapse -
software?

Do you know the name of that software that creates the locked PDF?

thanks,

- Collapse -
There are too many titles.

CNET Forums

Forum Info